• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loss to NAXJA (Don "Woody" Woodward)

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Folks take a moment to have pleasant thoughts, say a prayer, light a candle, or do whatever you do in memory of Don Woodward, a.k.a Woody, prior NAXJA president who just passed a way.

We'll miss you Don, we didn't hang out nearly enough :(

Re: Loss to NAXJA

He was one of the first guys I meet here. Don was a great guy and a hell of a driver. He will be missed by all that knew him.

Not a joke, I wish it was. I got the call from his wife tonight, it was a difficult call. She will touch bases in regards to arrangements, etc... I will post when I hear from her.

Loss to NAXJA

I met woody in tellico in 2001...I drank all his beer...I told him I'd make it up to him...it wasn't until 2008 that I made it up...he flew out to Moab and drank...
994c18de10ddb6d8aa729075cf013ff4.jpg

I took the leftover home for the next time we'd see each other...

mac 'dammit woody' gyvr

I met woody in tellico in 2001...I drank all his beer...I told him I'd make it up to him...it wasn't until 2008 that I made it up...he flew out to Moab and drank...
994c18de10ddb6d8aa729075cf013ff4.jpg

I took the leftover home for the next time we'd see each other...

mac 'dammit woody' gyvr

Time to dust off that bottle and have a drink in his memory.
RIP Woody.

I had only ever talked to him on the phone. He was a good man and he helped this club out a lot
He was good to his grandkids
He will be missed by many.

Been a while guys,

My prayers and thoughts go out to Woody and his family. We met only once 11 years ago, but his friendship on here and our 3 hour conversation, while waiting for trail fix on Behind the Rocks, has stuck with me all these years.

R.I.P Don.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and those who knew him.

I've heard a lot about him over the years and hoped to be able to meet him some day.

RIP Woody.

WTF?!?!? R.I.P. buddy keep the beer on ice see you later

He will be missed...

So many good memories of Woody. His was one of those great friendships developed through this club. Don was one of those on a relatively short list who worked very hard behind the scenes for this club, as well as serving as president and other functions. What a shame.

:cheers: to you, old friend.

Richard

Back