• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusy's radius arms with skid plates?

Keith1187

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to install a set of rustys first generation radius arms. I'm going to be running 35's with a lot more down travel than up travel. There for I will not have a ton of ground clearance so i'm trying to figure out what skid plate system will work with that cross member and set up. Up front i'm running a dana 30 hp trussed and locked with a solid diff cover. Then currie y link steering with a iron man andy aluminum tie rod with iron man andy track bar system (track bar, bracket and brace), and a steering box brace from quadratic. In the rear i have an 8.25 29 spline locked with a solid diff cover. Then a tomken gas tank skid plate.

The two skid plates i'm looking at tomken engine/tranny skid plate and their transfer case skid that goes frame rail to frame rail?
Does anyone have any experience with these or others with a cross member similar to the rustys?

view

You won't get much forward of the front of the transfer case.

You won't find much to purchase. If you get really creative you could get something built off the block engine mounts but it wouldn't be very wide. You would have to deal with exhaust, driveshaft, and radius arms

Yeah that's my concern. My bracing is what concerns me with the tomken engine/tranny skid. Picture of the skid below
72692ed53139fc14949cd5041eb319de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Would love to know what it mounts to?

Best guess is transmission cross member to front cross member. I know their tj skid come with a cross bar for it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back