• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jv carnage list

David Taylor

NAXJA Member #570
So what did everbody bend, bust or dent ?

My drag link will need to be replaced.
i218829536_11054.jpg

Went to pull it off the trailer and found this.
i218772588_86464.jpg

Another broken wheel. same thing as last year. This event has my nunber
on wheels. Here's a shot of last years.
i218749586_56799.jpg

Nice,

Amazingly enough I only dented in my transfer case skid a bit and dented in my drivers side doors a touch.

Overall I'm happy. The last time I was out there, it was a lot worse.

KH

I cut a tire and my rear locker stopped working. Won't know what's wrong with the locker untill I pull everything apart.

My damage consists of

1 bad steering box (going to rebuild and tap for hydro assist)

1 f'd up track bar and mount (going to build a new one and fab up a new mount when it goes under the knife)

Cracked frame around the JKS SBS system (this is going to be hard to fix. going to wheel it one more time then lop the front of the body off for tube)

Front header panel ripped off (opps)

dana 30 has no more seals in it (going to build a whole new housing and polish the 30)

Other than that damage, plans are now to tube the front out, inboard the rear springs, tube more of the rear, and tube more of the middle.:smoker:

Driveshaft
rear yoke
fan through radiator
tail light
rear quarter panel
wedding ring

I wasted a front u-joint, then later ripped out the front u-joint u-bolts. I also broke the front track bar in half on Resolution on Sunday. The front suspension that came with the rig, and I didn't change, has to go. It was only going to run this trip, and now that's for sure.

THe new PSC box worked so well that it cracked the frame in a different spot in between the box and TB bracket. also cracked frame around TB bracket... Also cracked frame just behind the stock passenger side LCA bracket. All 4 leaf spring to body mounts are bending and distorting metal. This means that the leafs gotta go. the front has to be completly redone and the front suspension has to be converted to Long arm.
as for the body. its looking like it needs alot of elbow grease to buff out the scratches. the "D" pillars are about done having no rear hatch allowed to much body flex which fatigued the top of the d pillars. crack, crack....
halfway through aftershock on sunday I found the crack/crunch noise of a cracked frame rail kept getting worse and worse on the tougher obstacles. I turned around and hauled axle back to camp. So what are my plans? lots of cutting, bending and welding. And I'll leave it at that.

Oh, I forgot, I also badly bent my tie rod.

The funky Tera long arm setup is going bye bye, and so is the steering setup.

Bender Alley ate me up a tad:

FileHandler.ashx

My PSC box started leaking real bad (but not anywhere near as bad as Santa's) on Friday so I swapped it out for a stocker and then on Sat I broke a(nother) 44 hub.

I am so looking forward to full hydro and a 609:exclamati

bent my high clearance tie rod into an even higher clearance tie rod...

ran outta washer fluid... :scared:

lost a bead, ripped a valve stem, bent 2 rims...

my doors dont close all the way anymore courtsey of my self boatsiding cut out rockers...

I somehow loost / sheared a t-case skidplate bolt, and welded it to the frame to make up for it...

broke the castor asjuster - but not the side i welded - the other side...

David Taylor said:
Went to pull it off the trailer and found this.
i218772588_86464.jpg

I thought I heard a crunch while taking it for a spin...

I ripped my steering gear off the frame rail. The back bolt hole cracked, the top bolt hole stripped out, & the lower front bolt broke. Steering seems to be the theme of this event. At least I broke in camp. I'm glad I didn't try to follow Goatman up Chocolate Thunder as the sun was going down...

Matt

not actualy a break, but 3 of the four transfer case bolts "left" somewhere on sledge. i noticed it just after the mailbox. i reached down to shift back to low and my atlas shifters were just barely inside. thanks to ron and scrappy i managed to get another bolt and drove out.
bent a tre
bent the drag link
but no body work!

FarmerMatt said:
I thought I heard a crunch while taking it for a spin...

I ripped my steering gear off the frame rail. The back bolt hole cracked, the top bolt hole stripped out, & the lower front bolt broke. Steering seems to be the theme of this event. At least I broke in camp. I'm glad I didn't try to follow Goatman up Chocolate Thunder as the sun was going down...

Matt

Excuses, excuses........ :looser:

:D

So what's with PSC? I installed a new PSC pump before this trip and it's whining, and the steering gradually goes away the harder it's worked. Let it sit and cool off and it works again for awhile after starting up. I see two PSC steering boxes that had problems.........

Back