• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Finished up a TJ rear end rebuild and started on the next project. This new project is a 3 link front, 4 link rear on a D60 front and 14bolt rear under a TJ. We'll also be stretching the rear 3-4". Estimated time to finish out the whole rig is 4-5 weeks of just week night and weekend work.

33596155298_e63cebf86a_c.jpg

Please, for the love of God, renew or join today. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY.

We're behind by 1 member currently to win the chapter prize. We should have it locked it in with 3-5 renewals.

Please tell your friends. Think of it as a raffle ticket, you get a chance to win cool prizes and help support the hobby that you love at the same time. Win/Win for the price of one meal.

What did I do to my Jeep this weekend? Hmmm...put gas in the Commander and contemplated starting the Cherokee and running it around the parking lot.

Spent most of last night and will spend the rest of the afternoon in the Lexus LS460 running people around Nashville.

Not Jeep related, but I will be replacing ball joints and a passenger side axle shaft on my 09 Tacoma this weekend. Maintenance on my DD has slowed purchases for the XJ.

Well, I didn't need to replace my ball joints last weekend. I poked a small hole in the ball joint boot and threw some grease in there. It's not squeaky anymore.

I also installed my new NAXJA member decal and jeep wave decal on the XJ. :eeks1:

I went wheeling to Quary Town recently. Did more watching than wheeling really. I did see this guy attempting to do more than ride around but his torque converter didn't work well...... :D

I went wheeling to Quary Town recently. Did more watching than wheeling really. I did see this guy attempting to do more than ride around but his torque converter didn't work well...... :D

I hear that guy got mad and ripped that whole drive-train out when he got home that day.

Installed winch, wired lights, cut out lower quarter panels, changed oil and filter.

Also, just got my tickets to the Unlimited Off-Road Show in Nashville next weekend.

Went to Charleston Saturday. Sunday went to cut up a tree limb that landed on a friends house...

5 years of not doing anything leaves a bunch to get cleaned up.

Repainted the rear end
changed all the fluids
New battery installed
Had to trim some more in the front (really need to push the front axle forward about 2 inches)
Cleaned and a ton of paint correction that needed to be done. Still need to do more but that will wait for another weekend
and rebadged it with decals

RX9LpWmh.jpg

TIV0D9Xh.jpg

Gj3YB4lh.jpg

phtdhOUh.jpg

5 years of not doing anything leaves a bunch to get cleaned up.

Repainted the rear end
changed all the fluids
New battery installed
Had to trim some more in the front (really need to push the front axle forward about 2 inches)
Cleaned and a ton of paint correction that needed to be done. Still need to do more but that will wait for another weekend
and rebadged it with decals

RX9LpWmh.jpg

TIV0D9Xh.jpg

Gj3YB4lh.jpg

phtdhOUh.jpg

So you're coming to the CRAWL this year right?

Really want to make it to the Crawl again this year but chances are slim.. I need to see if I can make it work..

I did get out to Jeep Beach this weekend and had a little fun on the course they set up. But even before I got to play in the rocks my steering had gone out.. not sure if it's the pump or the gear box. but I am leaning towards the box at this point.

But it was good to get back into the crawling.

b4SRlAQh.jpg

Nh9pXZdh.jpg

5Yx877oh.jpg

Went with Cottontail to Turkey Bay OHV and helped clean up trail litter. This was my son's first trip off road. He's 4. Did a little wheeling while we were out there.

IMG-0761.jpg IMG-0762.jpg IMG-0765.jpg IMG-0769.jpg

This was my son's first trip off road. He's 4.

I am here to let you all know - that kid DOES NOT LIKE litterbugs! And, even after 5 hours in the car with me, he still can't remember my name! But he's a cool little dude.

Back