• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Size??

94_2wdcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
hey all i have a 94 cherokee 2wd with a 3 inch block in the back, 2 1/2 inch coil spacer in the front with theese things people call acorns so i got 3 inches all the way around and i want to put buckshots on it but i dont know what size i need to get?? I also want to get exhaust its a 4.0 automatic i want it to be pretty loud any suggestions?? all help appreciated

Dylan

Sure thing brotha, just slap on some 38 or 40s and do some trimmin' of that old sheetmetal.

Seriously, with 3" of lift you're not going to be able to fit anything over a 31" tall tire without tearing up your fenders when the axle articulates (moves up & down). Have fun!

Yup, 31s are the limit for the wheel wells in stock form. But that doesn't mean you have to deal with some wussy all-terains! Most of the good mud tires come in 31" varieties.
Jeep on!
--Pete

They're all good. But right now I'd have to say the Swamper trXus are my favorite. (got some 33"ers on my truck) Quiet on the road and awesome on slick pavement! Of course they'll hold their own in the soupy stuff too, but all mud terrains should do that. The only complaints I've heard have been from guys that want an even more aggressive tire and obviously don't care about on-road manners.
Jeep on!
--Pete

Back