• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random XJ encounter

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
I spotted a film crew working in Griffith Park this evening. I have no idea if they were shooting a movie, TV show, commercial, or something else. Whatever it was, it involved this XJ.

55a11b91733cbc146f9f4f1a7b791e7b.jpg

:puke:
Odd, looks like they covered up Jeep on the hood.

It's not unusual if the manufacturer isn't paying for product placement.

Im sure theyre going to destroy it for some reason :(

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mad flex esay!

Could simply be from an area where smog is not required. If you get away from the cities there are still areas that don't require jumping through that hoop.

Anyone else think it's interesting that there's no smog history for that plate?

That's because it's not a real plate, the movie/tv industry has a bunch of fake plates that aren't in the system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2GAT123

GAT, like SAM and FAN, is a three-letter combination not used by the California Department of Motor Vehicles. In addition, the California Department of Motor Vehicles does not use the letter "I", "O", or "Q" in the first or third position of the three-letter combination.[2] However, prop California license plates seen in television shows and movies frequently do.

There are a ton of legal stuff when making a movie, tv shows, and commercials.
When featuring vehicles on screen, we have to make sure that it is not traceable... That's for several different reasons. 1 - because people (like you) look up addresses and personal information.

Also, someone might try to find that vehicle and buy it.

;)

Back