• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Very Sad News Today....(Kent "Lion Grrrr" Nelson)

Re: Very Sad News Today....

I hate to say I won't be there (I'm still in NYC).

I'm there in spirit.

I remembered that you were still east coasting it...

I had some die cuts made with this image:

istockphoto_4879294_lion.jpg

And "Grrrr 3-7-08" under it. (I didn't know until this afternoon that it was really 3-5-08, but the 7th was when it was posted up.) They are about 3x5 and I got some mostly in blue, red, black, white...

bburge

hey bill, even though I wont be at the memorial on satu, I'm interested in getting on eof these

Bill,

Put me down for a white sticker. I am not sure if I'll get off my other commitment in time to make it to the memorial or not. Hopefully I can. Otherwise I'll hook up with you later.

bburge said:
I remembered that you were still east coasting it...

I had some die cuts made with this image:

istockphoto_4879294_lion.jpg

And "Grrrr 3-7-08" under it. (I didn't know until this afternoon that it was really 3-5-08, but the 7th was when it was posted up.) They are about 3x5 and I got some mostly in blue, red, black, white...

bburge

Bill,

There is just something wrong about that lion. Our Lion never growled.....

Jump This said:
Bill,

maybe it's smiling. Besides our lion would sometimes post a "grrrr" in good fun. Either way I want a white one. Carol and our driving the two hour drive Saturday am. See u there.

:angel:

Jump This said:
Bill,

I know, but I looked for quite a long time trying to find more suitable for a die cut and this was the best I could find!

I had them cut me up some silver and gold "5" to replace the other ones, but people will have to do it manually.

Depending on the how things go tomorrow, I may go to here I got them today and get some more made. They cost me about $7.50 each.

(Eddie, I'll set out a while one for you. Josh, if you tell me the color - I'll hold one back for you. I have 8 white, 6 black, 4 dark blue, 4 red, 1 gold, and 2 purple)

bburge

You know that we have a Naxja buddy who die cuts stickers, right?

I just had another run of the SCXJ stickers run. I havent recieved them yet.

Oh. Yes. We get a cal hookup on die cut, in the future. Won't really help for tomorrow.

i'll take a white or dark blue depending on how dark

Wasn't able to make it down there in time. Glad to hear it was a grrrr memorial.

Bill, I'll catch up with you soon for the sticker. Thanks.

The memorial party was grrrrt....

The movie that was played in rememberance of Lion was quite enjoyable providing a lot of laughs for some and tears for others...
Lions brother and his family were there from Illinois along with alot of his local friends...
SoCalXJs and NAXJA members were there to pay their respects.....
The turnout for the event was amazing..... although parking was at a premium...

great to hear indeed. Wish I could have expressed a couple of things to his brother, my condolences for Lion's passing and also my pleasure of having met Lion

Ditto on the video, that was great stuff. I hope he gets on that show. Too bad I don't get the channel. I'd like to get a copy of the footage, at leasy digitally. Maybe I'll send a note to Montego.

mikedashg said:
Ditto on the video, that was great stuff. I hope he gets on that show. Too bad I don't get the channel. I'd like to get a copy of the footage, at leasy digitally. Maybe I'll send a note to Montego.
good to see some old friends met some new ones... if you can get the file i can host it indefinatley on my domain. let me know.

Back