• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alright Haters.

Just rolled 281k today.

Has a few little weird things. Gets a miss fire every once in a while and will take a little longer to start on hot days, but I wouldn't second guess it to drive to California today if I wanted to.

Took a little 500 mile road trip 2 weeks ago to see the trees in the mountains. Had to floor it the whole time going up hills. Still got 37 MPG.

Hate that I love this stupid civic.

#Honda4Lyfe

Well, this has turned into an Auto blog.

So here goes nothing!

We bought a house.
Bought a 4runner.
Switched from a 89 MJ to a 98 XJ.
and the civic is at 290k.

I keep wanting the civic to fail so we have a reason to buy something newer, but it hard to justify since it has been so reliable.
I literally floor this car constantly in hopes of blowing the motor.
It just keeps on ticking.

Trying to upload a few pictures, but it isn't quite working.

IMG_4783_zpsabdps6fw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FullSizeRender_zpsrhcrx015.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats on the house! Where did you end up?

From the pics I gather a broom would make a nifty housewarming gift.....lol.

Those Honda's keep going and going. You'll have to park it out on the Eastern Plains during a hail storm so its so dimpled you have a reason to replace it.

Last edited:
That's actually preferred. It's becomes like a golf ball and increases the gas mileage and is faster.

LOL maybe. My old '88 Accord got something like 37-40 MPG and it had the carb & maze of vacuum lines. Some peeps decided to steal it from my home. They left the 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins, the Yota pick up, and the XJ but took the Hondoo...

Back