• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by Rockfest 2010" thread

Rear bumper finshed and installed,
Cb switched over from the other xj,
Hi lift mounts made and welded,
need to come up with a fire extinguisher and mount that too

I got a lot of parts sitting on the floor of the garage :D

WHY??????????????

I decided to eliminate some dead weight. I know what you're thinking, I'm not letting someone else drive my rig. That weight will have to stay!!!

I removed the rear hatch and covered it with a cargo net and dropped the spare tire. Although, the way I've been cutting sidewalls, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

Ran UT today. River level is excellent. Enough water to get wet but not drown. There's still some standing water on the trails which make it a bit interesting, but fun. 2 days of work and I'm there!

WHY??????????????

I decided to eliminate some dead weight. I know what you're thinking, I'm not letting someone else drive my rig. That weight will have to stay!!!

I removed the rear hatch and covered it with a cargo net and dropped the spare tire. Although, the way I've been cutting sidewalls, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

Ran UT today. River level is excellent. Enough water to get wet but not drown. There's still some standing water on the trails which make it a bit interesting, but fun. 2 days of work and I'm there!

I didn't say work wasn't being done! Got the mounts and pickup system for the fuel cell done. Post Rockfest, the real work begins!

Stop driving into rocks and you won't need a spare! :D

IMG_0943.jpg

After my TDS trip my rig just gave out and has no start.. I will be doing some trouble shooting this week to get it going... see you guys there

I didn't say work wasn't being done! Got the mounts and pickup system for the fuel cell done. Post Rockfest, the real work begins!

Stop driving into rocks and you won't need a spare! :D

Everyone told me these tires were indestructible!

im mid full width swap on woundedxj rig,i just need to get some more wheel studs for the rear and weld up one more caliper bracket. doing a 3 link front. jon says hes getting 35s im trying for 37s we will see what happens.

my buggy is yet agian under the knife,new seats,changing some tube,bringing the rockers up,moving the rear spring hangers,i need one solid day of work to get it done then a couple cracks runs to get used to the new front suspension and wb.

i also need to get my big trailer fixed,replace some of the decking and change the axles to ones that all of the brakes work on. the plan is i will put my slide in camper in my truck and tow jons bumper pull camp trailer,while he pulls both rigs on my 27 foot flat bed.

Justin posted this in the wrong spot. Should be in the 2011 Rockfest section.

Since I didn't get squat done before Rockfest, figure I'd report on the post Rockfest activities. And hopefully I get this all done long before Rockfest 2011!

Here's the start. Rear doors, hatch, and roof be gone!
IMG_0956.jpg

Next comes this turned into a cage:
IMG_0958.jpg

Then the fuel cell:
IMG_0943.jpg

Then swapping in an auto: (it took me a long time but I finally admit autos rule in the rocks)
IMG_0944.jpg

And there's one more potential change but not ready to dish on that one until the part is actually sitting in my garage! Which hopefully is next weekend.
questionmark.jpg

OOOOOPS, I think you scratched it a LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it doesn't look like an avalanche it looks more like a ford escape:cry:....
at least until I do that to mine... which wont be long now..

themud

Escape? Ouch! My wife said last night it looks dorky, but she can't picture how the cage will bring it together.

Bring yours over, I've got plenty of sawzall blades and I know exactly where to cut :D

Back