• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom plug wires

Has anyone considered using the earlier coil pack? It has the plug leads facing forward off the coils. The plug is totally different then the jeep plug but since there's an adapter/extender there's no reason you couldn't use the different plug. Does anyone have the data sheet for the viper coil pack?

I ment the earlier van coil pack.

Has anyone considered using the earlier coil pack? It has the plug leads facing forward off the coils. The plug is totally different then the jeep plug but since there's an adapter/extender there's no reason you couldn't use the different plug. Does anyone have the data sheet for the viper coil pack?

The coil you describe sounds like a Ford unit.

I ment the earlier van coil pack.

Several of the Chrysler products use the same coil if it has the 3.8 motor.

Time to get to work, my wires came in and look great. They are 10mm, 5 different lengths(9-11.125" and as short as possible), and 3 different configurations.
P1080684_zpsb54lq9xe.jpg

I forgot to say that they are 30ohm and do not cross "Anywhere".

He did you ever think about making and selling your mounts?

Reason I ask cause I was going to go with the Ksuspension bracket and harness.
Buy a Mopar coil and talking to the guys there wires from a Grand Voyager in about an '02 vintage would work for wire. They did say a couple might be a little longer then necessary though.

Thing is I was going to use in front of the overflow tank as central location for relays. And somewhere that I have not figured out yet put a circuit breaker and an auxiliary fuse box.

Problem is that is where the Ksuspension mount goes.

I was actually going to respond back with K Fab, when I ordered my coil harness I was telling him what I was up to so they might "value" my build for a different options in mounting and harness configuration. He said they could offer a "incomplete" harness that I could configure any way I wanted.

As far as me making the brackets, I only have one arm so it took over a week to make that one but I do have all the "numbers" to make more as I have 2 2000's to deal with.

When you say incomplete harness what do you think they meant?
Almost sounds like one you can make yourself.
Connectors and terminals. Everything but wire.
Get some wire, cut to to the length you want, crimp everything up, and slide the terminals in to lock.
That would be pretty cool.
I am going to have to take a close look at your mount. I bought a used welder awhile back but have not spent much time practicing.
My friend on the other hand is an accomplished welder. So........

When I originally spoke with him, I asked about different lengths and about not "finally" assembling one end because I knew I needed a different pin-out, he said they could do that too. That's something they would have to think about as options.

On another side-note, I'm think about a MSD box which I would also utilize the K Fab services for that!

Connectors can be had from the junk yard and unpinned. The problem is finding the exact terminal that goes in there. If you could figure that out you could do whatever you want. I would rather run 1 piece of wire then play with splicing more more wire in.

You talking about one of their ignition boxes?

Yes but it's definitely something I'm thinking about, I just got off the phone with Russ P discussing this!

K Fab just e-mailed me back that they are going to be offering a similar bracket for TJ's.

I don't take the best pics but here it is!
P1080686_zpshdrhpj3i.jpg
\
P1080687_zps1vydmpzp.jpg

That is pricey. LOL.

Since my stroke seven years ago it's kind of been a "bucket list" item to see where I could take a 4.0, money doesn't count.

Back