• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Another XJ on tons, coilovers, 42's, etc. Build

Oh snap...time for another update!

Got some work done on the 3-link front...
Decided to make my own sheet press
JEEPBUILD030.jpg

JEEPBUILD031.jpg

Some mock up...
JEEPBUILD025.jpg

JEEPBUILD026.jpg

JEEPBUILD029.jpg

Frame side lower link brackets, not 100% complete

JEEPBUILD032.jpg

JEEPBUILD033.jpg

JEEPBUILD035.jpg

JEEPBUILD038.jpg

JEEPBUILD040.jpg

JEEPBUILD041.jpg

JEEPBUILD042.jpg

JEEPBUILD043.jpg

JEEPBUILD044.jpg

Last edited:
Why locking hubs, and not lockouts?

How long are your front lowers?

Have you mentioned what tcase you are going to run?

What the heck are you going to do with the front end now?

Its going to fold like a taco!

Why locking hubs, and not lockouts?

It will be driven on the street, so for now locking hubs are it

How long are your front lowers?

27.5"

Have you mentioned what tcase you are going to run?

Stock NP231J until it explodes or I have the funds for a Stak

What the heck are you going to do with the front end now?

Had this planned out for a WHILE now...but reference Macgyver's build of his front end for a little reference, since he did somewhat what i've had in my head for a bit now

Its going to fold like a taco!

Well, it least it will be somewhat pretty before it folds!

:D

Alright...well to say the least its been a while since I've had an update on this thing, been many reasons why but oh well.

First off I finished up some work on the rear 4-link, so other than getting the links 100% welded the rear 4-link is DOOOONE!

"Boxed" in the upper mounts:
Picture006.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Well I had started work on sleeving the rest of the "frame," which to say has/was a nightmare is an understatement. I can't count the number of times I had to play cardboard mock up to get things right...and I've still got some fixing to do. I'll kinda let the pics speak for themselves as usual.

Decided to gain a little clearance on the "frame," as it would help my lower link not too hit it:
Picture009.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

Driver's side getting done:
Picture014-1.jpg

This is what took for-fukking-ever, well at least part of it. Its a two peice sleeve for the frame rails, with the out edge being bent in my press to keep it down to two peices. I made these out of 3/16", not 1/4" like the rest of my sleeving.

Picture015.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Last edited:
Installed and connected to the frame sleeves, but not yet fully welded on.
Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

"Finished" products...though they're not truly finished since I had to modify them more since my lower link are hitting the recessed portion as seen in a couple pics. Overall i'm satisfied with them, but not 100% happy how they turned out.

Picture034.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Oops...
Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

And FINALLY...
Picture030.jpg

Yeah...the tubing has some rust on it. Thats what happens when its been tarped up the best possible but sitting outside since the summer. FINALLY got it from my buddies house to my place last wednesday...never would have thought it that hard to get the tube moved a whole mile :lol:

Last edited:
I say this with all the sincerity contained in my body........

I hate you.

:D

Well got the frame capped so I can start the tubework around the engine...BUT I need a new digital angle finder. Had HF's one and it worked great until the back screws fell out and I can't keep the back of it on. Went to HF and they have 3 in stock but NO one can find them. Searched the whole store up and down twice in the last two days, and called today and still no bueno :rolleyes:

Hoping to get some real work done on it this Sunday if I can get that angle finder. I WAS planning on having at least 50% of my tube work done come the end of winter break, well I ended up getting none done so i'm not to enthused about that.

Back