• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labor Day Weekend Run

cj_mike

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Although the cantina for the con is cancelled, I'm still thinking to head out there over labor day weekend - is anyone else planning to head up or going on any other runs that weekend?

I had no idea the event was cancelled.

I plan on making it to some sort of trail that weekend but not sure where.

I'm almost thinking of trying to do a myriad of different trails throughout the weekend just because.

Most of what I am thinking about are trails that I have not done before but I have heard are easier. That and doing trails because they are kind of on the way home. haha

Anyone up for an adventure? I know most of these you guys just got done with.

Friday (Day Trip)
Signal Peak/Fordyce (Up to 1st water crossing and back)

Saturday
Strawberry
(And since I'd be in the area...)
Deer Valley

Sunday
Slickrock
Sourgrass/Boards Crossing

Yeah, it was posted on the RTF facebook page about the cancellation..

If my plans change and I head back up to Deer Valley/Slick Rock again, I'll let you know!

Ill be home lisa has friends coming over

I could go for some of that

Saturday morning when I was about to leave, my starter decided to not work.. just a click from the solenoid but no turning over. Looking back, glad it did that in the garage and not on the trail! I ended up piling everything in the daily driver and just camping up past hermit valley, we found a cool little campground down a dirt road a ways away from the highway and only a couple others back there.

I also got some rock rash on the daily driver, more than the Jeep for a typical trip

2c5531cdafb5e9852c35f5299f747ae8.jpg

Thats cool- pics of the campsite ?

I ended up bailing on my 4 trail excursion idea and just did 2.
Day trip on Friday to Signal Peak which is no challenge and extremely boring by yourself.

Because Signal Peak was only a step or two above a fire road (opinion and slight exaggeration), I then decided to head up late on Saturday to the Rubicon and go in Wentworth Springs. Made it to the trail head around 7 or so(not well marked when you've never been that way before and you're by yourself) and made it to Little Sluice by 1030 before setting up camp. Drove down to the RTF Property which was awesome but difficult and proceeded to help some Rowdy Krawlers with a faulty starter issue and later a broken u-joints strap.

All in all, good trip and made some new friends.

Thats cool- pics of the campsite ?

No real pictures of the campsite but it’s literally about a mile up highway 4 from hermit valley, a nice off the road campsite. You can get in there with a Jeep and a big turn around parking area but not likely getting in there with a tow rig with trailer.

Basically go up towards ebbets pass and on the right you’ll see a post and a random looking dirt/rocky road, turn down it and go in a ways and make a couple lefts and where X marks the spot! Its an established campground with fire pits and a pit toilet too.

837508087fb91d29154382fea7f7e055.jpg

4a5d7920408ed617be3cf94d60007c08.jpg

95b0bc5f920a8f751b772c7d1be64e20.jpg

60af8fae16f966a7f79509d107e8890a.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up bailing on my 4 trail excursion idea and just did 2.
Day trip on Friday to Signal Peak which is no challenge and extremely boring by yourself.

Because Signal Peak was only a step or two above a fire road (opinion and slight exaggeration), I then decided to head up late on Saturday to the Rubicon and go in Wentworth Springs. Made it to the trail head around 7 or so(not well marked when you've never been that way before and you're by yourself) and made it to Little Sluice by 1030 before setting up camp. Drove down to the RTF Property which was awesome but difficult and proceeded to help some Rowdy Krawlers with a faulty starter issue and later a broken u-joints strap.

All in all, good trip and made some new friends.

I’m glad you still made it up and had a good time! I’m going to order a new starter today so next time I’ll be able to be there too!

Back