• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHO IS COMING

MDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
i will be there wensday after noon till sunday

im planning on arivin wensday and leavin sunday mornin

Have to actually do the registration, but my plan is to drive out there on Wednesday afternoon, and head for home on Sunday.

This time, I plan on actually getting there early enough that I can check into the hotel and still have daylight left for heading over to hang out with the early arrivals at the campground.

Now that NACFest registration is open, it feels like spring.

Rob

I'm hoping to arrive sometime later on Wednesday and leave Sunday morning.

(I still need to confirm my days off from work, so I'm waiting to register)

so for the people that are going where is everybody staying? I'm not sure on what days i'm going cause i just started a new job and still have to ask for the days off
(should this be a new tread?)

i wouldn't miss the annual smashing for anything. I will be staying at the campground, it just wouldn't be NACfest without camping

warpigxj said:
so for the people that are going where is everybody staying? I'm not sure on what days i'm going cause i just started a new job and still have to ask for the days off

I'll be at the campground.

warpigxj said:

I'm not the camping type, so I just book a hotel. There's a Ramada about 10 minutes north of the park that's got a special rate for Paragon attendees ($55/night), so I stayed there last year. I think it took about 25 minutes to get back there at night from the campground after hanging out for a couple of hours.

I'll be staying there again - cheap rate, in-room internet if I want it, and free continental-type breakfast early enough to make before heading toward Paragon.

Rob

ok When i go to PAP and stay over i stay at a hotel to lazy to camp did once but had to borrow a tent from a friend. The Ramada that the one right off 81? stand at the one nexted to perkins. Is the parking lot bigunff for a trailer drove by a lot but never looked

warpigxj said:
ok When i go to PAP and stay over i stay at a hotel to lazy to camp did once but had to borrow a tent from a friend. The Ramada that the one right off 81? stand at the one nexted to perkins. Is the parking lot bigunff for a trailer drove by a lot but never looked

Actually, the one I stayed at is the one on 309, on the north side of Hazelton - it's the one listed on Paragon's lodging page. Maybe 10-15 minutes from the park.

The lot at this one does seem big enough for trailers - last year, there were some SWB guys staying there (had no NAXJA cards, didn't see them in person), and a couple of them had rigs on trailers. Also, that seemed to be a slow time of year - not many people staying there at the time, so plenty of lot to go around.

Rob

Those of you arriving on Wednesday, what time will you be getting there? I have the whole day off, and would prefer to get an early start, but don't want to be the first one there.

I'll be heading down Thur. night and leaving Sunday

The plan is to get there Thursday night and leave Sunday morning. Of course I can barely plan my life 1 week in advance let alone a couple months.

Speaking of planning...

With some "big race" going on the same weekend as NACFest, rooms are going fast and prices are going up (special event prices).

I booked my room over the weekend (the Best Western on 309 still had plenty of openings and no "special event" prices), but anyone else wanting to get a hotel for that weekend may want to get hopping before they're all taken...

Rob

Back