• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone want to spend $35k on an '86 XJ?

Definitely not worth the asking price, but in all fairness it IS a 9 second car... has a 505 in it.

It's been on ebay several times before this, but I think he was actually asking less before...

Ok, its a Jeep, but does it have 4wd?

It would be cool if it needed FOUR slicks! Think a 242 would stand up to the power? With 285 miles on it, that's like what, 142 trips down the quarter-mile? Doesn't seem too bad........

hey genius!! =) wanna redo ur math lol . 285x4 = 1140 its a 1/4th of a mile not 2 miles :gee:

wanna redo ur englishes lol

It's a quarter mile down, and a quarter mile back. It's not 1140 trips either.

never seen a full blown dragster make the 1/4 mile back. as soon as they cross the finish line, pull chute and have a tow vehicle tow it back to the pits.

so considering it has a wheelie bar and a chute, i am pretty positive that it only see's a 1/4 mile per time

Pretty sure I can build pretty much ANYTHING that does 9 sec for less than that.

never seen a full blown dragster make the 1/4 mile back. as soon as they cross the finish line, pull chute and have a tow vehicle tow it back to the pits.

so considering it has a wheelie bar and a chute, i am pretty positive that it only see's a 1/4 mile per time

It's still rolling, ticking off mileage, whether or not it's under its own power!. But, if it's being pushed or pulled, and the engine is not running, so much the better. And yeah, I must have been doing Washington math! How's 576 passes sound?

hey genius!! =) wanna redo ur math lol . 285x4 = 1140 its a 1/4th of a mile not 2 miles :gee:

wanna redo ur englishes lol

It's a quarter mile down, and a quarter mile back. It's not 1140 trips either.
X2!

If it weren't for the fact that I can buy a house for 35k these days, maybe? I don't exactly have 35k burning a hole in my pocket. Neat car though.

It's still rolling, ticking off mileage, whether or not it's under its own power!. But, if it's being pushed or pulled, and the engine is not running, so much the better. And yeah, I must have been doing Washington math! How's 576 passes sound?

sounds good. i can agree with that.

X2!

If it weren't for the fact that I can buy a house for 35k these days, maybe? I don't exactly have 35k burning a hole in my pocket. Neat car though.

seriously? a house for 35k? how big is it like 400 square feet?

here in CA you cant find a house in a decent area for much less than 160K even in the ghetto side of town houses at least go for 60K+

i freakin pay 650 a month for a 700sqft apartment... ive been here for over 3 years, i could of darn near had a place paid off for by now whereever you live.

here in CA you cant find a house in a decent area for much less than 160K even in the ghetto side of town houses at least go for 60K+

i freakin pay 650 a month for a 700sqft apartment... ive been here for over 3 years, i could of darn near had a place paid off for by now whereever you live.
Hell come to Ohio we have house all over for 35K and less.

I am trying to buy a 2/5 acre lot with 1400sqft of house on it for 38 right now, in a fairly nice area of town. It needs a new roof, asbestos removal, and a new heating system but otherwise is in fairly decent shape.

If that one falls through I am going to be buying a 1000sqft place on a 3800 square foot lot with a garage for 23.

Back