• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Elephant/Mill Creek/Bill Moore

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Had a sweet day yesterday. Way better then working lol. Had 4 jeeps total, me, my buddy from naxja, ff33 and jeep9867. Started out on Red Elepant. Man has that trail changed alot, its way more dug out and a little harder then I remember it being. Made it up 1.5 no problems, then started hitting the snow. It already had tracks threw it, but whatever had gone threw must of been heavy, as the drifts were pretty slopped downwards and was a little sketch. Had to pull the winch a few times to get unstuck and out of a jam but nothing big. Started making new tracks about 2.5" miles in and started hitting some big drifts. Jeep9867 took lead and busted some big drifts and with a little shovel action, we made it to the fork where all the trails meet. Had lunch and traded wheeling stories. Then started up Mill creek. Hit a big 3ft drift right away that was prob 50 yards long. Had to do some winching to get threw but made it. Then hit the fork where you head up to Bill Moore, well there was no making it! Difts were huge and we just couldent get up them. So we backed down and started down to the main road to Bill Moore. Made it to my tracks from Sat and then started up Bill Moore. Made it to where we did on Sat as well. Alot of snow had melted since then but there was still a ton and we werent going any farther. Made it maybe another 10ft past my old tracks. All in all a great day. No major damage, just some scratches on the soft tops, tagged a few trees with the back of the jeep. Onto the pics :D
IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

First big drift
IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

I think im stuck!
IMG_1552.jpg

Trying to break trail!
IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

Stuck!
IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Letting the lady drive
IMG_1562.jpg

Bill Moore. Not making it up to the lake till about july I would saw
IMG_1564.jpg

What you have to make it threw
IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

Curious...as I sit in 98 degree Tennessee....what was the temperature up there? Lots of snow, but y'all are still in short sleeves.

Back