• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

penrose 4-17

BV Carnage. Patriot ain't much better with "Air Hole" and "Coffin Rock", but with the exit having changed/deteriorated like it has and is argueably easier now..... BV Carnage is just one long nasty trail that just keeps pounding ya.

BV Carnage. Patriot ain't much better with "Air Hole" and "Coffin Rock", but with the exit having changed/deteriorated like it has and is argueably easier now..... BV Carnage is just one long nasty trail that just keeps pounding ya.
i completely dissagree....

i completely dissagree....

Interesting. Well, seeing as I haven't run either in a couple years..... I can't say I've got a good current idea about either.

But from postings here and on other forums...... lots of rigs have driven the exit on Indy lately. Not many at all have driven the exit on Carnage. I think the sheer number of obstacles on Carnage vs. Indy keeps Carnage ahead as the nastiest of the two.....

carnage is what, twice as long? and took half as long to run? im not talking about the time including the other rigs running. im talkin the time i was in my jeep driving....

ya carnage is rough the whole way and is in no way easy, id run carnage again before i look at patriot again.

carnage on 35's - gonna be a long day and gonna take some hits but it is definitely doable...

patriot on 35's - just stay home (and thats coming from THAT GUY who thinks you can do anything on 35's lol)

youve driven both more than me, but that is my opinion as of running both in the last month

Maybe my info is a bit skewed because I've generally run 'em both with a "large" group (5+ rigs) so time is not really what I'm baseing the difficulty rating on, just the number and difficulty of obstacles on their own merit.

I've run Carnage both up and backwards and yeah, you can keep moving with good rigs.... I think Led and I ran Carnage backwards in about 45 min - 1 hour in an off/on light rain once we had winched down the exit...... getting set up to winch down took a while.

im not basing it on time either, im using it as an example.

carnage bv is .9 miles long and took about 2 hours

patriot is .12 miles long. and took over 2 hours.

patriot, being 1/8th as long as carnage didnt take longer cuz it was easier....see what i mean?

i also think different rigs will have different times on the trails. me being super low was getting caught up all the time on patriot. where as if i was another 2-3" taller i would have been fine

i will say this though. this is prolly the last time ill head down there with a large group of people that i dont know. there was a lot of mouth running (looked to be alcohol induced) and nut swinging going on. i like to go out with friends and have fun on the trail - not listen to people talk shit and ruin it for everyone else...... :doh:

this trip had the most breakage to date too...
i tore up the body....as did jd a bit
gpxj broke a rear shaft
some guys running 39.5's (on a dana 30) broke a steering box.....
there were a couple of flops.
and some bruised egos too :D

i will say this though. this is prolly the last time ill head down there with a large group of people that i dont know. there was a lot of mouth running (looked to be alcohol induced) and nut swinging going on. i like to go out with friends and have fun on the trail - not listen to people talk shit and ruin it for everyone else...... :doh:
X2!!!!! i wasnt very happy when i saw all of them drinking!!!!
there were 3 rigs coming in when i left, they were all drinking and driving, and the worst part. they had kids with them.......

i didnt hear the others talkin s**t...
but it seemed as if the NAXJA group got out numbered by other groups....
i cant believe they were sayin that crap.
.... :worship:....for proving them all wrong!!!!

didnt prove anything except how to tear up a jeep lol... i dont think it was any "group" against any others. the CO4x4 guys were super cool and they left due to the crap being said. it was just several chunks of people scattered throught the day really pissing people off....

was a great trip though. and the guys/gals that keep coming out for penrose are a great group. always fun with you kids

didnt prove anything except how to tear up a jeep lol... i dont think it was any "group" against any others. the CO4x4 guys were super cool and they left due to the crap being said. it was just several chunks of people scattered throught the day really pissing people off....

was a great trip though. and the guys/gals that keep coming out for penrose are a great group. always fun with you kids
i think you did.... you made it out in what they called an under built rig!

i didnt piss anyone off did i? i dont think i did anything that would have.... but still. if i did i would like to know!

in4aride - the thing that was pissing me off was when I was trying to spot JD on Coffin Rock and the Willys(?) through the A-hole there were bystanders shouting instructions over the top of me - people that had clearly never driven through there.

Sorry I had to go, but needed to get back to Denver and work on my exploded outer shaft that I am now trying to send back to Moser so they can take a look at.

I thought it was a great day other then being stuck a couple times takin a winch again. Let keri get a feel for dual lockers. And now I have some new noises coming from the 44 Yay. I must say I am getting pretty used to the tippy feeling when We were entering liberty I pulled rear tire felt pretty weird but knew I wasn't going anywhere. Thought i dented the crap out of my door but just hit the slider.
Garrett really needs to learn throttle control lol.

this trip had the most breakage to date too...
i tore up the body....as did jd a bit
gpxj broke a rear shaft
some guys running 39.5's (on a dana 30) broke a steering box.....
there were a couple of flops.
and some bruised egos too :D

schwat? really?

ya don't say

schwat? really?

ya don't say
ya he argued that he would be perfectly fine continuing in liberty and out one of the other two trails. i did my best to assure him he would be there over night trying to fix it if he did. hope he believed me

ya, good times/ trip went great untill patriot-everyone trying to spot is just nuts. mind you're own rig/group. really takes the fun out of it when you have a gang of ppl yappin/talking pooP

ya, good times/ trip went great untill patriot-everyone trying to spot is just nuts. mind you're own rig/group. really takes the fun out of it when you have a gang of ppl yappin/talking pooP
stoked to see the pics you snapped

Back