• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

i had the solenoid go out between 1-2. It still worked, it just shifted odd. Was only 200 bucks or so to have fixed. At 260k, the auto surely has been rebuilt at least once. If mine had been a dually...or at least had comfy seats it would probably still be in my driveway...now tho, you can't hardly pry me from the seats of an 08+ Ford...

sideshow just bought that 95 dually crew cab like yours. I drove it the other day, I was surprised by how much power it had for a truck that old with 290k...the auto shifted really good too.

mac 'its either car payments or nickel and diming...or both' gyvr

The one I'm eyeballing is a 3/4 ton long bed. It's a manual though, which I may eventually regret, but generally I like rowing gears. At least I know if something is going to go (clutch) I will at least have a little bit of warning as it starts to wear out, I think.

I feel like my 97 really scoots compared to my 01 Super Duty I had, but it has 4.10 gears (Sideshow's should as well) and I think that helps it out a bit. Downside being the higher RPMs it's spinning on the highway, and I'm not really hauling enough to take advantage of the deep gears. My auto doesn't shift all that great but I think the VSS might be on its way out. I still say the 94-97 Powerstrokes are the best bang for the buck in a diesel pickup, they're generally reliable, not horribly slow, and available in crew cab. But the 90s interior, road noise, and (IMO) horrible mirrors combined with the constant maintenance are pushing me to a newer truck. I've never had much complaint about the power of a 7.3, I'm kind of excited to see how a truck with 50% more HP/TQ runs.

Ultimately I'll have to see how cheap the 6.7 Powerstrokes are in a few years...

Golf cart got some eyes last night...

And a tune up, and doesn't leak gas anymore...

f30d34b8.jpg

Then, we drank in it...
f2a26f3c.jpg

mac 'even trimmed a fender for tire fitment' gyvr

The one I'm eyeballing is a 3/4 ton long bed. It's a manual though, which I may eventually regret, but generally I like rowing gears. At least I know if something is going to go (clutch) I will at least have a little bit of warning as it starts to wear out, I think.

I feel like my 97 really scoots compared to my 01 Super Duty I had, but it has 4.10 gears (Sideshow's should as well) and I think that helps it out a bit. Downside being the higher RPMs it's spinning on the highway, and I'm not really hauling enough to take advantage of the deep gears. My auto doesn't shift all that great but I think the VSS might be on its way out. I still say the 94-97 Powerstrokes are the best bang for the buck in a diesel pickup, they're generally reliable, not horribly slow, and available in crew cab. But the 90s interior, road noise, and (IMO) horrible mirrors combined with the constant maintenance are pushing me to a newer truck. I've never had much complaint about the power of a 7.3, I'm kind of excited to see how a truck with 50% more HP/TQ runs.

Ultimately I'll have to see how cheap the 6.7 Powerstrokes are in a few years...

Yes we believe that his has 4.10s...

It also has some mirrors too...

1b2289b9.jpg

mac 'support on top of support' gyvr

Golf cart got some eyes last night...

And a tune up, and doesn't leak gas anymore...

f30d34b8.jpg

Then, we drank in it...
f2a26f3c.jpg

mac 'even trimmed a fender for tire fitment' gyvr

The dog has that WTF are you morons doing now look on its face! :roflmao:

It is a lab....it always has that look.

I prefer manuals for reliability too... if I blow one up it was either underrated for the job or I did something stupid.

Why not do the pool liner while you have a sunny day?

why are you sanding the deck?

liner: really thought hard about it but we pressure washed until about noon, then didn't really get really to start the next project until almost 2, since walt is suppose to come over and put in a spicket, we are going to wait for that.

sanding: i didn't sand the entire deck, i mostly just knocked out most of the areas where peoples hands and azz touch to try and avoid splinters, but i will need to sand the entire deck someday, i let it get away from me and its pretty bad.

talked with a trailer broker today about trading up for a new GN.....they were all game but did not want to give me $2000 for my 25' GN on trade. I can sell it out right for around the $4000 ranger pretty easy in these parts.....I dont really need a new trailer, but I just would like to have a 28-32' for some of my hauling needs.

holy cow, that is, well, a lot of cows when equivilated....and they make money, not depreciate.

Cheese ":farmer:" Man

Last edited:
Back