• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Stabilizer Bar Interference

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 XJ Laredo and I just put in rear 3 inch blocks and my the ends to my rear stabilizer bar are rubbing into my tires. Before the 3 inch blocks my stabilzer bar ends sat just inside of my inner rim on my wheel. Now since the bar has moved up the ends are creating some damage to the tires. If anybody has a solution for this that would be great.
I have thought about:
1 getting washers for each lug screw to space the tire out just that much more
2 getting wheel spacers (really dont want to spend all that money)
3. removing rear stabilizer? effects unsure of though

Thankx

3 inch blocks? You're just begging for axle wrap. A much safer 3" budget lift can be made with an add-a-leaf (like the Rubicon Express 2.5" leaves on this page) and an extended shackle.

And you can remove the rear swaybar with no ill effects (Up-Country models actually came from the factory without one).

never use washers in between a wheel and the hub. That is not safe, I would go with the Add A leaf like previously stated. The blocks will cause you all kinds of problems. You can remove the rear sway bar but I would still do something about those blocks.

Back