• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella's 2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman

Yesterday Sterling to Kerney on our way to Beatrice Nebr ...... freezing rain and scary slick highway.

IMG_20151126_240421729_zpspvrsvlzi.jpg

IMG_20151126_240315357_zps7tgdnjgo.jpg

IMG_20151126_240330150_zpsuq3x6bq2.jpg

Beatrice all day today...... freezing rain.

IMG_20151126_200329224_zpsbznwjb5b.jpg

Gotta love remote start, heated seats/mirrors/steering wheel.........

Hope this crap clears up for saturday...... got a car to haul back.

Yeah man I'm out by kersey/keenesburg for work. Roads are just trash. If you take 76 be careful between ft Morgan and Brighton. Been really bad for accidents this year.

With Performance Tire and Wheel having gone under..... there doesn't seem to be a good place to go to shop for tires and wheels.

Anyone know of a place like that? Not sure where to get good prices on tire/wheel combos.....local or internet........ if such a place exists?

The snow performance of the stock Firestones on my '16 Ram is for crap so I'm looking to buy some larger MT's......

I'm liking the Dodge Ram specific reviews for the Toyo Open Country MT in the 285/295 17" range.

toyo-open-country-mt-angle-large.png

Most likely just gonna keep the stock wheels, but I'm digging the XD128 in matte gray with black ring......

xd_xd128_mgbl_pdpfull.jpg

Last edited:
Loved my Nitto terragrapplers on the Titan, and they were wearing like a champ too. I can say that my 2 months with the Cooper ATP's (only available at Discount) on the Dakota have been great too. Great snow/ice traction, fairly quiet, but aggressive enough tread to dig a bit if they need to.

Looks like Toyos aren't available in 17". Damn.

Last edited:
I was running 295/18's on the Titan on a stock 8" wheel. IIRC the Terragrapplers wee +/- $200 per in that size

I'd look into other options then. Kmc XD's suck. Brother has already swapped 2 for failing finish on them and replaced center caps for losing the letters.

Looked at those. Can't use the Cree lights, the mounting legs are too tall and the frames are too deep front to back, they'll hit the bumper.

I need the Philips style........

s-l1600.jpg

These are brighter than the 3watt cree I got in the pair of 22s ...I bought a 50 inch bar with the 5 watt Phillips all wiring /relay with the mounting brackets for my dads old plow TJ ...lol...he put it on and it is brighter than my pair of 22s ...I paid only $205 shipped off Ebay . I was not sure what i would get at that price but they actually exceed the 22s I got . The Led lighting market is full of companies amking them that they are dirt cheep now and quality right off Ebay .

Have you looked at Tire Rack? I bought the ol' lady's tires from there cheaper than anywhere in town, plus got a two year road hazard warranty and a $70 rebate. They have a Warehouse off of Havana by the jail.

Yeah, I've bought all of our SRT8's tires from TireRack. I've looked it over, they don't carry the Toyo Open Country MT, just the AT.

I had no idea TireRack had a warehouse in Denver..... do you know if tire orders can be picked up there to save on shipping?

Wish me luck...... tomorrow I'll be wrestling these in: 2.5" leveling kit..... Bargain at $99 shipped. :thumbup:

IMG_20160218_175550622_zpsuk5ryujb.jpg

Then to Discount Tire to take delivery on my 325/65/18 Duratracs and Fuel Anza 558's..... Yeah, that was a hit to the wallet...... :eek: :laugh:

unnamed-2_O29.jpg

Back