• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Very Sad News Today....

zzyzx

NAXJA Forum User
I just received a very sad phone call from a good friend who informed me that we have lost another great XJ man. He was known as Lion.

You will be missed by many my friend!

Robert

oh NO!!! Lion (Kent) was a great guy! I wheeled with him in Moab and last saw him at Fiesta Island for SocalXJ. He was a former Chicagoan and a hardcore Cubs fan. I will miss him dearly. hope he's drinking a budweiser with Harry Caray now.

Anyone know his funeral services date and location?

Last edited:
I met him in Moab several years ago and my wife and I had the pleasure of having supper with with him at a Mexican food place. He was an individual.

Sad to hear of his passing.

Damn, can't believe it. :tear:

It's odd. Literally ten minutes ago, I was thinking about Mike O, who we lost two years ago. And now this.

Kent's posts were always a fun read because you never knew what he was talking about. :)

But he will be missed.

man what a nice guy he was. i met him at socal fest last year, he brought me a beer i had never heard of at 6am and told me to pop it open and join him in a drink :D

:cheers: heres one for you Kent, drink up.

If you ever met Lion you would never forget him.God Bless Sir Lion.

he took great pictures of my family at Fiesta Island. Here's some pics of him:

71395637.aOalUADK.jpg

Here's me and 20 other ppl putting his front coil back in near the end of Hell's Revenge in Moab:
71395855.SLpkdTzY.jpg

Our newly departed friend Kent aka Lion:
73736418.lB7rwUad.jpg

ya know out of all of the socal folks my wife has met Lion is the only one I didnt have to remind her of who he is, when I told her the news she immediatly cried. I cant say we knew him well but damnit we were blessed to have known him.

4xSanta said:
Lion will be missed......SANTA

X a million.....

Prayers out to the family....

and a final GRRRR!!!! Lion....

Hope he's in a better place whatever/where ever that may be.
He'll be missed.

Wow.... shocking news.
He was an awesome guy..... i always seemed to cross paths with him wheeling in BB. Super friendly & always wanted to have a chat.

Rest in Piece Lion.

Back