• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yokohama Geolander MTs

Jawa

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about done with my noisy, impossible-to-balance MT/Rs and found a set of Geloander's for a fair price on Craigslist. I'm wondering if anyone here in the CO Chapter has any experience with these tires... Any input is appreciated. :thumbup:

ever heard of mud stars?....heard they are trash
No, I have not.

Different tire: Geolander A/T+II, are they still available? The '97 came with a set, the front tires are wiped, the rear tires have a lot of life still.

I'm about done with my noisy, impossible-to-balance MT/Rs and found a set of Geloander's for a fair price on Craigslist. I'm wondering if anyone here in the CO Chapter has any experience with these tires... Any input is appreciated. :thumbup:

Internal balancing my friend!! Live it learn it and drive happy!! You need about 8 ounces of airsoft/bb's per tire!!!!! Happy Trails!!:thumbup:

Is there an easy way to put bb's in without taking the tire to a shop? and if you don't have beadlocks? cause i really wanna do this so i don't have to go pay to get them balanced.

Take your tire off the Heep and let the air out. Block one tire and put a stand under the axle. Set your tire just under your bumper and use your Highlift to break the bead. pour your 8oz of airsoft/bb's in. Stand the tire back up and air it up! Do this for all 4 and you are set! If for some reason you have dificulty setting the bead which you shouln't, just wrap a strap around the tire(tread) and tighten a bit the air up! I did mine at home and had zero problems! I will NEVER go back to those crappy lead weights again!!!!

If you want to look for another set of Geolanders, I had the all-terrains on my Jeep and they were pretty nice.
If you want muds, I just got a set of Firestone Destination M/Ts and they're awesome... they're not too rough on the road, just a slight whirring noise. Not too pricey either, at least not compared to other brands.

Back