• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SCF2016! Need to know..

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
Okay, it's 2016 already.. Hope everyone was safe and responsible.
When is SCf2016?

Today and tomorrow.

Hth

Today and tomorrow.

Hth
False! Black bears. (I hope some get the reference)

Anyways, SCF is always in either April or May.. I take it you didn't get that memo?

Last edited:
I'm hoping May 6-8. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I am hoping not in April, but May 8 is Mother's day.

Neither Mom nor Grandma is going to go for SoCalFest, and some of us know that we owe them bigtime. :kissyou:

And I just got an email telling me The Varmints' tournament is May 14 this year.

I think the odds are stacked against me this year.

Umm....isn't mothers day on sunday? People can still attend scf without giving up mothers day plans.

Just a friendly reminder before anyone gets too worked up: Johnny was merely hinting that May 6-8 would be good for him. There's been no announcement yet that a date for the event's been chosen.

Does it half to be big bear?

JV? There is free camping in JV and the event is usually unofficial right? :D

What about Calico?

I don't think anybody's worked up, just having a little fun with Mother's Day. Avery just wants to run a buggy.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody's worked up, just having a little fun with Mother's Day. Avery just wants to run a buggy.

nah......no ones worked up. Just playing the advocate to mr. devil.

There is no reason for the group to have to do the same thing over again. Did people have fun in big bear? YUP! Would they have fun in many places? YUP! Sure, we have an adopt-a-trail up in big bear but nothing says it has to be in May....or even in big bear.

Every time in November the group gets together in JV the same things get said....'why don't we do this more often?' :viking:

Calico used to be a trip the group did. Truckhaven too.....

Just trying to spur some thoughts before Geoff chimes in with lame reasons :/ The club is slowly changing for the worse......just doing the same things over and over again may not be the best thing to do. I would lead some runs but my rig is green sticker only.

Clearly then, we have consensus: Sequoia's a jerk.*

I'm looking forward to SoCal Fest wherever and whenever it's held. But as a guy who doesn't own a camper, I'd just as soon camp where there's some sort of toilet facility. Just throwin' it out there. Doesn't have to be luxurious. Doesn't even have to flush.

* Just kidding!

Clearly then, we have consensus: Sequoia's a jerk.*

I'm looking forward to SoCal Fest wherever and whenever it's held. But as a guy who doesn't own a camper, I'd just as soon camp where there's some sort of toilet facility. Just throwin' it out there. Doesn't have to be luxurious. Doesn't even have to flush.

* Just kidding!

The club does own a portable toilet (I can't recall the name).....just need to pay for the consumable(s).

I know a place out in the desert - camping, beer, tent cabins, beer, motel, beer, food, beer, fuel.

Right next to both green sticker areas and street legal requirements. And it's a real short commute for Gomer.

David Bricker / SYR

Last edited:
I know a place out in the desert - camping, beer, tent cabins, beer, motel, beer, food, beer, fuel.

Right next to both green sticker areas and street legal requirements. And it's a real short commute for Gomer.

David Bricker / SYR

Ironically, Panamint Springs is in the Sierra chapter......the border line is Bakersfield

:D

Back