• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 XJ in SOCAL 4x4 4.0L 128K miles DIRT DIRT CHEAP.

Kal

NAXJA Forum User
I have a black 1990 XJ Auto 4x4 4.0L that I'm looking to sell to a fellow enthusiest for a very reasonble price. The car has been my daily driver for the last year and it has never once left me stranded. Car only has 128k miles and it doesn't smoke or burn any oil at all. It passed smog no problem and I can get it smogged for you before you buy as well. The A/C works great. 4x4 works fine however I think there is some kind of misalignment in the lever as I can't seem to get it into 4 low however 4 high part time and full time do work fine. This model was a fully loaded limited edition version and comes with leather seats, LSD, trans cooler, tow package etc, has the grill bars up front etc. As I said the car runs great! Transmision was rebuilt at about the 98K mile mark by the previous owner and I have the receipt for it. Car has the typical ultra slow rear main seal drip which is like 2 drops a day and I have never bothered as the car only eats up about 1/2 a quart of oil every 3000-4000 miles.

The Bad:

About 6 months ago an uninsured motorist turned right into me as I crossed an intersection. The guy just ran away fast as fast can be. The driver door and rocker pannel underneath got fairly bashed in jamming the door. I have been using the car since then by climbing over the passanger seat. About $200 in parts from a junkyard (rocker panel and driver door) along with about $500 in labor (Unless you do it yourself or have a body shop hook up) that can get the car fixed or you can use it as is.

I really don't want to donate it to a salvage yard when I know some enthusiest on here can take great advantage over a good running car like this.

Looking for $750 OBO with a CA smog certificate/$700 without. email me [email protected] for pics/details/offers etc.

Wow. I had the same situation happen to me yesterday :gonnablow . Crossed a intersection with my 88 XJ, and she turned in front of me. Can you sent picks to [email protected] Thanks

Back