• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disc brake pad relining?

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a source for this, my Edco brakes haven't been made in over 30yrs!

Anybody with something??? I think I've found three possibilties and the best seems to be in the UK.

Valley Brake in Pomona California used to do it, haven't dealt with them in about 7 years though.

Valley Brake in Pomona California used to do it, haven't dealt with them in about 7 years though.

Thx, they don't show a website so I'll call them tomorrow to see.

These are the brakes I'm working with, they weren't cheap 40yrs ago! They are 4 floating pistons in magnesium calipers on a custom bracket.
P1080868.JPG

Well that didn't pan out. :bawl: I did speak with a company in Indiana that has prospects!

They don't do re-lining.

Porterfield Brakes can make pads if you provide them with a stock pad. I don't know if they would reuse the original backing plate or just make some new ones.

https://www.porterfield-brakes.com/

I will give them a call, they are a lot closer for me.

They have made me completely new pads in the past, all I had to do was send them the old pad. Good people there.

Back