• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going for surgery in 3....2........1

flingshot

NAXJA Forum User
Well I ended up in the hospital today. My wife brought me to the er this morning with severe abdominal pain. Turns out I have another kidney stone and it's a doozy.
About the size of a marble. I've been pissing blood all day.
They are taking me to the operating room to place a stent in my kidney.
They have to put me under so I probably won't update until tomorrow.
It will take a few weeks to get this thing blown up and passed.
Sorry for not calling today Troy, had a little hitch in the schedule.
Wish me luck!

yikes just had a run in with one of those myself, not that big though, hope they get you fixed up quick

Sounds like a real pisser. :rof:

Yeah I guess a marble sized kidney stone is a good excuse for blowing me off.......:D

Hope all goes perfectly and you recover quickly Scott. :thumbup:

Just coming out of it. I told the Dr. To add an inch while he was down there but I just looked under the covers and I think he forgot.
Next step, I'm sending in Seal team 6 to blow up that sumbeetch so I can pass it.
When I woke up the nurses were giggling, not sure if I said something funny when I was under or if I need to explain that there is shrinkage when lying naked in a cold operating room.

Sounds like a real pisser

This too shall pass.....
Hang in there....hope everything comes out alright!!11!!!!
Oops....I mean...
You got some stones bro......

Cold. Phunnay, but cold -- hope your back on your feet soon, man. I hate general anesthetic - last time I was under I woke up to giggling nurses too, they said I'd been talking for 20 minutes before I actually woke up, but they wouldn't share what our conversation was about...

Thanks for the good thoughts everybody. It sucks just sitting here not knowing when I'm going home. Nobody seems to know anything.
I'm definitely going to make some changes so I can avoid this place as much as I can.

I heard that Jose helps.

no matter what the problem is...

stones suck! I have had one and hope to never have another! They say the pain can be as bad as a woman giving bearth :(

Ill never forget when the doctor said drink lots of water to pass it or I gotta grab it with this... (he pulled out a thing that looks like the the long arm you use to grab nuts and bolts you drop in the engine bay) :(

My nuts and bolts have been grabbed enough by the doctor.
I think I'll go ahead and drink the water.
I'm still here in the horsepistol. The food is starting to piss me off. I might need someone to sneak me in a pizza and some dirty magazines.

Finally made it home! The stone is still in there. I need to make an appointment to have it broken up into smaller pieces so I can pass them.
Thanks for he good vibes!

Back