• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5'' FOR SALE, AND 32X11.50X15 BFG AT'S

I DONT WANNA RIG NOTHING THOUGH....

Sounds like you need to do some research before you waste much time/money....

If your end goal is 35's... Remove the flares.. cut the fenders and either pick up some Drop Brackets or Long arms... 3.5" of lift is more than enough for 35's.

Bump stop it to where it does not contact the fenders, etc.... Droop is where it's at in rock crawling....

That jeep has a good start to it... Lock the rear, remove the flares, pick up some drop brackets, put some rope on the winch, buy some 35" BFG AT's and keep the 15x8 wheels especially if you want to run low air pressure....

Sell your BFG's and flares and probably will only have $500 out of pocket or so...

But I'm more of a rigger :gee:

You know...you can cut the fenders and make it look VERY nice. Chris (UNCC) did so on his. Mine are cut, all of the XJ's I've owned were cut. My current one doesn't look as nice because it's not a newer model and I don't care what it looks like (oh, daily driver too). Another Chris (Achmed or something like that) has his cut VERY nicely as well. Many others do too. Very clean looking rigs...hell, IMO cleaner looking that those stock flares and especially the one's on your jeep now.

Like UNCC said, you need to do some more research. When you put quality time, research, and effort into what you're doing it's not "rigging". I know you didn't start this originally looking for advice but you're getting quality advice and throwing it back in the faces of those giving it to you. Search for some of UNCC's older threads, he probably had THE BEST looking XJ I've EVER seen...period. Not just looks though, extremely capable. So know his advice is solid....as well as many others on here. Alot of us have been through several XJ builds so we know what we're talking about.

And yes, he's serious. Call up 4 Wheel Parts and they'll most likely tell you that you that a 6" lift kit can only run 33s. (Not sure if they are still singing that tune but they were when I had my first XJ...) So, if you want true professional help (LOL) call them...they'll get you on 35s, probably out the door for $3000. OR, you can listen to people who know this stuff and save yourself time and money.

These suggestions are not people toying with you or anything. They're not sitting at their computer like "muwaah hahahahaaaaa......I got that fool to listen to me...now his jeep will be RIGGED for eveeeeeeeeeer!!!"...lol...they're just trying to help you achieve your goal man.

Last edited:
FS: 32X1150X15 BFG AT'S

I WAS BEING SMART.... THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BUT IM NOT AN IDIOT THAT IS NEW AT THIS, I KNOW WHAT I CAN DO AND WHAT I CANT, AND I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO AND WHAT I DONT.... I DO NOT WANT ADVICE I WANT TO SELL SOME PARTS, HOW SIMPLE IS THAT.... I AGREE THAT SOME WITH CUT FENDERS LOOK GOOD, BUT IM NOT CUTTING AND THATS THAT.... IF SOMEBODY WANTS TIRES AND WHEELS MESSAGE ME.... :thumbup:

Ok.

I want LCAs. I need them because I rigged my Jeep and built my own lift kit...:D

Haha...but seriously, I do need them...

brock401,

1) if you are interested in selling parts, your first post should have listed what you have for sale and what you want for it.

2) if you didn't want advice you should have just listed your price instead of bringing up the $1500 it was going to cost you. that is what started this whole discussion.

we help each other around here. we don't know your background so several sec members chose to try and help you with your project. many around here are on a budget and are just trying to keep you from spending you don't have to.

good luck selling your stuff and please allocate a few bucks for a keyboard that works.

Ok.

I want (what I cant have)LCAs. I need them because I rigged my Jeep and built my own lift kit...which is retarded!:D

Haha...but seriously, I do need them...

Had to Bruce...

Ill come pick them up tonight Andy. I need them to cut up and use for something other than what Bruce needs them for. Im getting long arms so I might make a shrine of the short arm crap LOL...

I guess high center or gravity is the way of the day huh? You will need ALOT of lift to not rub tires on 35s and that's on flat pavement. Regardless of what you say you know you need to read up before you do anymore investment. We really are trying to help you. Being stubborn is going to get you anywhere. I have 4.5-5" of lift on 31s and in the front I still rub to hell unfortunatly with my sway bars disco'd. So how do you figure you'll not rub of 35s?

I guess high center or gravity is the way of the day huh? You will need ALOT of lift to not rub tires on 35s and that's on flat pavement. Regardless of what you say you know you need to read up before you do anymore investment. We really are trying to help you. Being stubborn is going to get you anywhere. I have 4.5-5" of lift on 31s and in the front I still rub to hell unfortunatly with my sway bars disco'd. So how do you figure you'll not rub of 35s?

BS... YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.. HE KNOWS HIS STUFF... HE WONT RUB THEM BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE WONT RUB THEM...... I'M JUST WAITING ON THE LOADING DOCK FLEX PICTURES...

I'm going to help him out..

JUST BOUGHT THIS JEEP IM WANTING TO GO BIGGER, POSS. TRADES,

Suspension: 3.5 Rubicon Express HD lift. 1 inch spacer up front, RE Lower Control arms. 3.5 Rear Leaf springs. 2500 miles on new shocks.

Wheels and tires: American Racing Type 23 15x8 with BFG AT 32/11.5R15. Lots of tread left on the tires. Brand New Full size 32/11.5 spare on 15x7 steel wheel.

HOW DO I GET MY PICS ON HERE?

You appear to be selling:

1. 1" coil spacers x2 $30
2. RE lowers (super-ride , super-flex.. fixed, adjustable... who knows) $120
3. RE 3.5 Leaf packs $150 <-if someone is local to buy them
4. RE 3.5" coil springs $100
5. AR Type 23 Wheels 15x8 5x4.5 $200
6. 32x11.5x15 BFG AT's $300

Now post up your own prices... those would be mine... however you cannot say it's comparable to the RE6030 kit b/c that kit for $750 also includes 2" bumpstops, Gen2 Disconnects, Rear brake line, Rear u-bolts... In reality the lift items you have listed are probably worth $350.. but leafs are hard to sell b/c shipping kills the deal...

Also, you need to learn to type in lowercase... Uppercase typing comes across as yelling on the net...

However,

I WAS BEING SMART.... THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BUT IM NOT AN IDIOT THAT IS NEW AT THIS, I KNOW WHAT I CAN DO AND WHAT I CANT, AND I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO AND WHAT I DONT.... I DO NOT WANT ADVICE I WANT TO SELL SOME PARTS, HOW SIMPLE IS THAT.... I AGREE THAT SOME WITH CUT FENDERS LOOK GOOD, BUT IM NOT CUTTING AND THATS THAT.... IF SOMEBODY WANTS TIRES AND WHEELS MESSAGE ME.... :thumbup:

^ brings the funny :D

Last edited:
I'll take #2 in adjustable please...:D:D:D

Dude, you need to do some searchin' on here before you spend a bunch of cash for no reason. I see you have the bug, but you need to wheel that thing to see what it's got. AND, I personally know that thing will do some serious wheeling as is. If it's looks your going for, is it just wider and taller that you want? What type of wheelin' are you planning to do?

I see you've decided on some 35x12.50 BFG AT's, ok good choice,,, Are you going to get in the mud and rocks with this rig, or street it?? Cause the BFG at's, although an excellent AT tire, will slice a side-wall open in a heart beat on the rocks. Deep mud will absolutely be a no go for ya...

What size wheel are you going to run? What backspacing? Going higher?.... what about an SYE, a new rear D-shaft? Steering? drop brakcets or LA's? Adj. CA's upper and lower? Your about to open a can of worms that don't need openning.

My advise, two pennies etc..... and I know that rig personally, and have seen it off-road...

First, go wheel the thing, it does very well the way it is. No offense, but your obviously new to this hobby. You got an outstanding rig for the price, and I don't think you realize what you have.

. Search local off-road boards for;

33x12.50 tires or 35's if you must
15x10 inch rims with 3.75 bs or 3.50 bs.
2 inch BB to replace the 1 incher.
Look for some yj leaf springs to add to your RE pack, or look for a set of 4.5"ers for sale from someone going bigger.

Then while you build up your parts stash, go wheelin'

Trim the BW's on the inside lip to open them for the 33's or 35's. You can take those BW's off and sell them or take them off and figure how much trimming you need with the additional lift from the 2" bb, and the rear pack boost you'll add. You can add bump stops too to make sure you clear the BW flares.

There is so much you can do to that rig for very little cash to get the look you want, and the off-roadability you need, although I really thnk you need to go wheel it as is right now...

Slow down, search on here in the pics section, even over on JU for what you want. Look at Pirate for cherokees, Rockcrawler has tons of cherokee pics. On here whe have reader's rigs, Search is your friend, and keep asking questions on here. There are tons of people that love this sport, and love the XJ's, and are able to help you avoid costly mistakes. Look at the pictures, and show us what your idea of a cool rig is... Read up on this site about posting pics if you don't know how.

Here is my old XJ on 35's with 7"es of lift 4"es of sheet metal gon from the fender wells with TJ flares, and about $25,000 dollars devested to get there (including the purchase price of 9 grand back in 2000) It was a mean mofo that could dd at 80MPH all day long, and wheel with the best of them...

730971531205_0_ALB.jpg

ass end is high as I just sold the rear BP bumper at this point...

FLEXY and very reliable, drove it everyday, and wheeled it often...

635256179205_0_ALB.jpg

Here is another XJ I've owned, a '98, I had with an HP 30, and Dana 44 just like yours, trimmed with TJ Rubbi rims 4.75" bs, and 35" tires, had about 6"es of lift... Yes it would rub at full flex... but not too badly... :D

CIMG3155.jpg

Slow down, that rig has a ton of potential for very little additional money... :D

P.S. UNCC is right, although I thik 10"es is necessary if your going to ever flex the thing. The wheel wells uncut, yours are lightly trimmed, fit a 31" tire max. I ran a 32x11.50x15 on a 10"wheel with 3.5"es of bs and 6+ "es of lift stock untrimmed fenders, except the front straight cut to the front bumper, on my XJ when I first built it. My first ride out, I bent the hell out of the rear front fender wells. So badly bent they were, that I had to cut out 4"es of sheet metal, and add some TJ flares, no BW's on the market at that time... not sure I would have used those even if they had them though...

Here is a pic of when I mangled them...

3061a.jpg

XJ's can really FLEX... Right now, you would prob rip the front BW's off if you flexed it to the max. You need to trim, and you can read all about it on here...

Last edited:
Back