• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Long term money pit lol. Eventually I am going to make it 4wd. I have a 4.0 out of a 98 or 99, don't remember which, but I wanna build a stroker. I would love to swap the nose and dash/interior from a 99 XJ that I have lost the title for, but that may be a pipe dream.

Long term money pit lol. Eventually I am going to make it 4wd. I have a 4.0 out of a 98 or 99, don't remember which, but I wanna build a stroker. I would love to swap the nose and dash/interior from a 99 XJ that I have lost the title for, but that may be a pipe dream.

I get the money pit thing! I have a couple.

Did some fiddling around with steering and such for the SD Dana 60.

0a4396cf15ca65b833ed15f4a3a0c94a.jpg

c3e340593075e4aa22c4993c4175c6fd.jpg

c6e30145af7c0f65e1a1546b706628fe.jpg

2cf67a24b88b5193645785ad013987a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan to make that double shear?

Oh yeah. I needed to see how tall that fastener could be. I should be able to get the double shear easily with a 1/4” or 3/8” plate. I’ll do the same on the drivers side too.

Last edited:
Went wheeling Saturday with the Mud n Blood Club out of Raleigh at Broken Nut. Sunday started adding an angled extension to the existing fence after Molly jumped over it. 30 dog in and 2’ taller should do the trick. Makes the fence almost 6’.

Cool. 17" wheels with little backspacing make that so much easier. lol There's a mile of clearance there on mine.

These are 17” stock ford steelies so the backspacing is pretty rough. The SD knuckle is also massive so I have Zero strength concerns for steering.

I prefer the back spacing for scrub radius (street/highway driven) and protecting the sterling rear brake calipers that can be exposed to rocks.

I decided to finally finish installing the rest of my parts... put 1.75" spacers up front to level it out. Then decided to install the extended brake lines. Passenger side went fine but I broke the driver side hard line. I'll be looking at replacing that hard line this weekend. Next on the list is:

1. Extend control arms to push axle forward
2. Replace ball joints
3. Replace front axle u-joints
4. Replace tie-rod
5. Alignment
6. Needs bumpers
7. Needs oil change
8. Needs coolant flush

That's all I can think of right now.

Knocked out the ball joints and front axle u-joints this weekend. Now all that's left to get it wheelable is:

1. Extend control arms to push axle forward
2. Replace tie-rod
3. Alignment
4. Needs bumpers
5. Needs oil change
6. Needs coolant flush
7. Rear main seal
8. Bleed brakes

Spent the weekend in Aiken, SC with the wife hanging out. Bought some new old vinyl.

Put air in two flat tires on the XJ and drove it around for 10 minutes. Had brakes, ball joints, and new A-arms put on the XK while I was in Texas.

Oil change, tire rotation and rear brake pads on the ZJ.

I'm hoping to go to Express Auto Parts today and check out the 3 1997 ZJ's they have. I need a rear door panel and a rear bumper cover.

I went to Express and the rain held off. I was able to find an inner rear door panel that wasn't cracked around the pins. The big score is a complete bumper cover and inner steel shell. Now I can finally replace the missing and damaged parts where my wife backed into that pole. $65.00 out the door.

Well, you know when you start working on one thing... you pull parts and find other things to replace. I had to hammer the rotors off the hub to get the ball joints replaced. I've never had to beat off rotors before. They were rusted... so I bought new rotors and a beefier tie rod. I'll get it back on the road and on the trails one day... hopefully by the crawl.

Back