• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

few questions about the drive line on my 98

OP should have C8.25 rear axle to begin with....

should be a flat spot under the diff.

been a while since i have been on here. i wish. i have a 35. i have a 8.25 to go in. didnt get that far yet. going to get the u blots from ebay and redo the drums. unless i find a way to go to disk.

KJ is your disc brake answer, direct fit.

I can't answer that, I used the correct length cables from M.O.R.E. on mine.
P1080475_zps7nkh9vbp.jpg

try to get this Jeep ready for my trip to Maine. I was going to swap the rear axle before I go. that going to have to wait. Running out of time. My fuel pressure is bleeding down pretty quick. I got the fuel pump that a family member used off Amazon. 50 bucks. Nice big letter says made in China. Any recommendations on what fuel pump to buy? I just bought the fuel pump itself. I'm thinking now it's probably better to replace the whole thing since his 20-year-old plastic. Thanks guys have a good Monday

if your fuel pressure is bleeding down i would suspect a leaking fuel injector, or a failing fuel pressure regulator, check your fuel pressure if you have about 50 psi i would think your fuel pump is fine, my 99 and 00 have 300k+ each and as far as i know have origional fuel pumps, both had the bleed down issue and both were fixed with a new regulator. it is ontop of the fuel tank and iirc does not come with the fuel pump.

I lost the brake line last night on the Cherokee. Been looking around for Nicopp Nickel/copper Brake Line pre bent kit. since I'm there I figured I replace all the lines. I have yet to find this kit. the auto store wanted 65 bucks for the copper line. Supposedly this kit is only $100 if I can find it. I would need to have this done by late Tuesday. If all else fails I just might go rent the flare kit and by the 1/4in 25 foot roll get started. Anybody have an idea where to look? thanks guys have a good one

I found a gentleman that has a four 8.8 with an iron rock off-road kit installed.ready to bolt in. 4.56 gears and the locker. I would need rotors and calipers and axle shafts. His price is 350. I figure it's not too bad. I can't weld yet I would think that cost a good bit of money. What you think? going to take a look at it Tuesday

I found a gentleman that has a four 8.8 with an iron rock off-road kit installed.ready to bolt in. 4.56 gears and the locker. I would need rotors and calipers and axle shafts. His price is 350. I figure it's not too bad. I can't weld yet I would think that cost a good bit of money. What you think? going to take a look at it Tuesday
Good price. If its setup for leaves, you may not need to weld anything depending on where the perches are. Measure the distance between your leaf packs to know for sure

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yes its set up for leaves. he said a locker. welded spider gears. pinion bearing is loose. was not willing to go lower then 350.

I would be very leery of a axle with welded spiders!

Welded spider sucks, I have had a ford 8.8 sitting in my basement for like 3 years and I keep telling myself I'm going to finish putting it in but never do. too bad you didn't swing through NACFest this year would have been cool to meet you and talk shop, we could give you a lot of ideas and help with planning the build. alot easier in person I think.

Yeah that's true. I wish I was able to come through too. I passed on this axle. I didn't think it was worth it for that price didn't care for the welded spider gears either. What's the chance any of you to give me an idea how I delete the ABS? I found it decent deal on chromoly front shafts. They don't have that ring for the ABS. I have a bunch of bad brake lines that I'm getting ready to redo. I was thinking for future modifications it would be easier to get rid of it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I did my 95, I just removed the "valve body" and re-plumbed it with non-abs brake lines. For the ABS light I just removed the lamp.

Back