• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Night Run July 19th

Re: Calico Night Run July 19th, 2019

Jeep still hasn't passed smog. I have 6 out of 7 monitors completed, but the local place can't test it since I failed somewhere else. Apparently you have to take it for the free retest where it failed. It was 6 months ago, I don't know why they make it so difficult... oh, yeah, we are in California.

Jeep still hasn't passed smog. I have 6 out of 7 monitors completed, but the local place can't test it since I failed somewhere else. Apparently you have to take it for the free retest where it failed. It was 6 months ago, I don't know why they make it so difficult... oh, yeah, we are in California.

They should be able to test it regardless, they just hate doing it when it failed somewhere else because then it looks like they might be doing illegal smogs. :rtm: Out of curiosity, which monitor are you showing as incomplete?

Catalyst is incomplete, which is one of the easiest drive cycles, warm up, drive 1350-1950 rpm (about 45 mph with my tires and gearing) for 2 minutes.

Catalyst is incomplete, which is one of the easiest drive cycles, warm up, drive 1350-1950 rpm (about 45 mph with my tires and gearing) for 2 minutes.
Yup, usually evap is a pita to get to pass, and yes the catalyst monitor can only run after the O2 monitor has completed. After you drive for 2 minute at light throttle, you need to stop and sit in drive for 2-3 minutes for the test to run.

Ah, sit in drive for 2-3 minutes, that is probably the part I missed. I might try that tonight.

Peter, you get your s*** together and reporting?

Roll call?

I'm smogging it tomorrow. I should be able to make the next one, but not tonight.

The run is off for tonight. I'm not up to being out there alone. I'll post up a new date here soon. I'll make it a Saturday night.

Last edited:
Re: Calico Night Run July 19th. CANCELED

s-l300.jpg

Back