• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I am here to let you all know - that kid DOES NOT LIKE litterbugs! And, even after 5 hours in the car with me, he still can't remember my name! But he's a cool little dude.

He was still asking me what your name was on Sunday. LOL. Derrick?

I went to sell some scrap metal. I ended up at CFC since Ivy Bluff was closed. It gave me a chance to look over the XJ’s and ZJ’s they had in the yard. I didn’t find anything I was looking for but I wanted these.
1051560ba5c3616a6b9c0178e9964d53.jpg

Gold snowflake wheels on a 1996 Grand Cherokee Unlimited. Only one problem......there were only 3 of them. But I have a lead on another set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to get into my storage unit this morning to get some things out. The ZJ is stored in that unit. I hadn't taken time to even sit in it since I parked her there last June. I moved some crap out of the way and climbed behind the wheel. Felt comfortable like putting on an old pair of boots.

On the XJ, I only have about an inch of movement needed on the A-pillar to be able to get a windshield back in her. I drove it on the street to a repair shop about 1000 yards from the storage unit, but they are a corporate shop and they aren't allowed to do the repair I need due to insurance and warranties and they wanted to replace the entire roof. They were nice enough to give me names of 3 mom and pop shops that would likely take on the job. I need to schedule a vacation day and borrow a trailer and take it to a few places (and fill up the tires, and probably take it though a car wash)

Managed to break the connection for the lower transcooler line not at the housing but the part where the threads stick out can’t suggestions?

What year and are you talking the one on the radiator?

I went to sell some scrap metal. I ended up at CFC since Ivy Bluff was closed. It gave me a chance to look over the XJ’s and ZJ’s they had in the yard. I didn’t find anything I was looking for but I wanted these.
1051560ba5c3616a6b9c0178e9964d53.jpg

Gold snowflake wheels on a 1996 Grand Cherokee Unlimited. Only one problem......there were only 3 of them. But I have a lead on another set.

Pretty sure I have a set of those ugly things.

I'm back. Just picked this little gem up. 2000 Limited. 177,000 miles. Everything seems to work fine except the passenger side window and the A/C. Needs some cleaning and fluid changes. PO had some goofy amp set up in the truck that I need to get rid of. It was hit in the drivers front door by a drunk driver. Not badly. I spent some time today on it and it's back in shape. Eventually I could pull the door off Annie and put it on the new truck, but not in a hurry for that.

I'll drive it like it is for awhile and start the build eventually.

Looking forward to running errands in a Jeep that gets more than 12 MPG. Yeah, Commander, I'm talking about you...

48057694643_95067ee96f_z.jpg

I haven't come up with a name for the new Jeep yet, but the build will be titled: Project Doppleganger.

The plan is to basically clone my wrecked truck visually. Will look at going long arm instead of short arm. Otherwise, nothing too much more extreme.

I haven't come up with a name for the new Jeep yet, but the build will be titled: Project Doppleganger.

The plan is to basically clone my wrecked truck visually. Will look at going long arm instead of short arm. Otherwise, nothing too much more extreme.

Glad to see you come to your senses! Nice snag!

I'm not sure my senses were ever completely gone. The idea of fixing Annie had merit, and I'd still be pursuing that option, had I not stumbled onto this one.

I'm glad to see you found another XJ. Your setup and upgrading to long arms will be nice.

It sure can - if the owner isn't in Texas during the Crawl...

Spent some time on the new XJ today. Did an oil change and learned that the engine only has 5 PSI of oil pressure.

Not sure what to do about that just yet. My mechanic said to throw the engine from the other Jeep in it - but that's a little more than my apartment complex will allow in the parking lot.

Considering pulling the oil pan and seeing if the oil tube pick up is just covered in gunk that's not allowing good oil flow. The Jeep did sit for 8 months before I picked it up.

I feel your pain with the apt. issue.

So far nobody has said anything about my impromptu Jeep restoration projects.

But I know I'm pushing my luck a bit, and there are certain projects I won't attempt.

Spent some time on the new XJ today. Did an oil change and learned that the engine only has 5 PSI of oil pressure.

Not sure what to do about that just yet. My mechanic said to throw the engine from the other Jeep in it - but that's a little more than my apartment complex will allow in the parking lot.

Considering pulling the oil pan and seeing if the oil tube pick up is just covered in gunk that's not allowing good oil flow. The Jeep did sit for 8 months before I picked it up.

You checked that with a mechanical gauge or the dash?

1. They're notorious for bad gauges.

2. 5psi at idle is very close to OEM spec and fine. I'd run it until it didn't anymore if it's no knocking.

Nice... also your Commander gets 12 mpg? That's a hemi right? We are thinking of snagging a 3.7 V6. Do the V6 Commanders have the engine problems or was it the Hemis?

My 97 shows pretty low at idle, probably around 5. I've never worried about it.

Nice... also your Commander gets 12 mpg? That's a hemi right? We are thinking of snagging a 3.7 V6. Do the V6 Commanders have the engine problems or was it the Hemis?

From what I have read and heard all the mopars have issues if not properly maintained. Hell that applies to everything now days really.

From what I have read and heard all the mopars have issues if not properly maintained. Hell that applies to everything now days really.

This is true. We're looking at it tonight and may end up coming home with it.

Back