• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage Exit on 37's

Rock Yacht

NAXJA Member #1242
NAXJA Member
Don't let anyone tell you that an XJ on 37's can't do the exit at Carnage.

DSC05226.jpg

DSC05227.jpg

DSC05228.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05230.jpg

DSC05231.jpg

DSC05232.jpg

DSC05234.jpg

DSC05235.jpg

I'm hoping to clear the exit when I do Carnage ,but I'm waiting until it's exo caged to keep fender/pillars in fair condition .

My neighbor did it in his YJ thats LEAFSPRUNG on 37's :D

MORE shackle reversal, BTF rear stretch, SOA w/ RE springs, 101" WB, 4.88's in Tera60's, 4:1 Atlas, ARB's front/rear, and 37" BFG Krawlers.

The really cool part is that he did it on Iroks. :D

Didn't that TJ used to have larger tires on it? I thought I saw it up at your guys' shop a month or so ago with 42's on it.

Didn't that TJ used to have larger tires on it? I thought I saw it up at your guys' shop a month or so ago with 42's on it.

It had 40's on it. Long story short, the guy who did own it bought something else and the new owner who is also an employee didn't want to run the 40's so he put a set of 37's we had lying around back on it. He's been thoroughly impressed with my Iroks and plans to put a set on it when money allows.

Yeah, I was in there when it still had 40's on it. My buddy bought a set of u-bolt eliminaters and I picked modt of your guys' brains on Iroks. I wound up finding a set of 42" bias ply Iroks for a 17" wheel that I'm welding beadlocks on.

That TJ was pretty impressive in person, but it definitely looked better on the 40's. The rear wheel openings don't really fit anymore. When I was checking it out the only thing I wasn't too thrilled about was the fact that there was maybe 1-2" between the upper and lower bump stops on the rear. I understand why mind you, that thing has like zero lift to fit 40's. I just can't imagine it rides all that nice when getting to the obstacles. Still, some damn nice work on it.

How do you like the 42 Iroks...I'm debating on 42 Irok,TSL ,or SX ...possibly 44 TSL if I skip 42's ,But 42's seem like they should be no harder on drivetrain than the Boggers currently on it .

How do you like the 42 Iroks...I'm debating on 42 Irok,TSL ,or SX ...possibly 44 TSL if I skip 42's ,But 42's seem like they should be no harder on drivetrain than the Boggers currently on it .

The TJ had 40" MTR's on it but we do have a customer with a big JK that's running the 43" TSL's. I don't know what size you have now but his 43/aluminum wheel combo if I remember correctly weigh around 170#'s each. Keep in mind though he's running a HP Dynatrac 60 front w/ RCV's and a Dynatrac Full Float 60 rear with 35 spline competition alloy shafts along with a 5.7 Hemi. You'll have a considerable weight advantage though which should help offset the added "stress" of those tires. It also took a while to break them in and that's with a Jeep that weighs around 7k pounds so you may just want to keep the valve stems in your glove box for a while :D

Here's a video of that JK, aka T-Rex

T-Rex JK giving it the onion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHRgAS90baw

T-Rex JK climbing the exit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59Vo2_hVE4

Here's a vid of the Low Wagon running the exit

TnT XJ climbing the exit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq-tfppcbHg&

I haven ran them yet, my jeep is in pieces again thanks to my add.

I will say that I loved my 36" Iroks but hated my 39.5" Iroks. The 36's I'd run at 5-6psi w/o beadlocks on a 15x8 rim no problem. The grabbed rocks and cleaned out well in the mud. My 39.5's were fairly worn and I couldn't go less than 11psi on my 20x9's or I'd pop a bead. With the higher pressure they just wouldn't grab rocks and the lack of tread depth didn't help any.

These 42's are my last try with the Irok. They're brand new, on 17" bead locks so there are no excuses. If they don't perform I'm going to the Kevlar MTR's.

Very cool guys. Proving more all the time :thumbup:

Wish I hadnt gotten the front end very light on the tip top, all but had it on 35's
195940_208818619143648_100000465357504_764389_1771424_n.jpg

196238_208818709143639_100000465357504_764394_3946555_n.jpg

197234_208818732476970_100000465357504_764395_6310395_n.jpg

I haven ran them yet, my jeep is in pieces again thanks to my add.

I will say that I loved my 36" Iroks but hated my 39.5" Iroks. The 36's I'd run at 5-6psi w/o beadlocks on a 15x8 rim no problem. The grabbed rocks and cleaned out well in the mud. My 39.5's were fairly worn and I couldn't go less than 11psi on my 20x9's or I'd pop a bead. With the higher pressure they just wouldn't grab rocks and the lack of tread depth didn't help any.

These 42's are my last try with the Irok. They're brand new, on 17" bead locks so there are no excuses. If they don't perform I'm going to the Kevlar MTR's.

I'm not sold on Kevlars I think they're good tires ,but on 3 runs with Jeeps running them the last run being Spring Creek on Nov-13th they've done nothing my un-grooved Boggers could not do ,So in my opinion these tires have got alot of hype behind them created by folks who see a rig make a climb their rig did not ,and instantly give all credit to tire alone ,and no thought to driver skill /line picking or rig build difference. I'd love to borrow a set of 40-42 kevlars and test them out b4 buying them b/c honestly if they don't work like magic I'd hate to be stuck with them b/c they certainly look feminine next to Swampers /Pitbulls/Krawlers

I do agree on the look factor, I definitely think there are better looking tires out there. Actually the Iroks are one of my favorite looking tires overall. I'm not expecting my new Iroks to perform like a set of BFG Krawler red labels or Maxxis Stickies by any means, but my 39.5's just plain sucked ass. Again though, lots of pressure and a lack of good tread depth. I'm pretty confident that these 42's will work great. They're a taller tire on a smaller rim so there is more sidewall to flex, the rims will be getting beadlocks on them for christmas so I'll be able to air down right, and the tread is brand new so there is plenty of it to bite onto stuff. The sidewalls are already pretty soft too because apparently while they where sitting in a field mounted on a truck the guy went out there regularly to apply Armor-All and keep the from dry rotting. Hopefully that'll equate to them not neading a lot of break-in time. However, if for whatever reason I decide I'm not happy with them I'll most likely be getting the Kevlars. And yes, if that happens I'll probably be doing my best to borrow a set to try out first. I'd also be trying to borrow a set of Pit Bull Rockers too.

tires tires tires....blah blah blah.

They have a great rig that did great on an awesome trail.

its sure purdy too...

Mike, you're a towel .!.. :D ..!.

Yes though, great looking rog that once again showed how capable an XJ can be and still look like an XJ.

Back