• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail List is done.

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
The trail list is in the hands of the Event Guru, the almighty Goatman. I've collected your input, dumped it into my PC, bent, folded, mutilated, cut and pasted, re-cut and re-pasted, filtered, tweaked and modified it into a weeks worth of slickrock crawling, scenery oogling, skidplate scraping, sidewall scuffing, photo snapping, driveline bending, ujoint busting, tackweld popping (BJ), t-case fragging (Bones),sheetmetal bending, rubber side upping (you know who you are) wheelie popping, red sand in every orifice, good clean family fun......:D

The list will be made available to the masses as soon as G-man gives final approval. There are still a few leader slots available so don't be shy, it's not as hard as you think and your rig will stay dust free the whole day. ;)
Thanks to all that have stepped up to lead trails and supplied ideas and input on the event. This will be one to remember so tell your boss that you're calling in sick Oct. 6-12th and get yourself to MOAB!!

It's been a VERY hectic week, and I haven't looked at it yet. But, the last revision looked pretty good.

Soon....... :) :)

Please, everyone be sure to go to the pre-registration page and send in your registration by Sept 8th. We need to know how many to plan for, and you need to get those shirt orders in.

come awn goatsmelly, get with it!

do we know FER SURE what's open on hells revenge so we don't get reminded after the fact?

is NJ Mike leading the turnpike again this year?

I was there in May...

...and there was no indication that any of the optional obstacles were closed.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Nobody in my group was interested in Escalator but it looked open too.

Mr. Beezil:

As I only anticipate leading some moderate "scenic" stuff this year . . . (don't know yet what made the final cut, but could be Shafer/Lathrop, Top of the World/Rose Garden, Porcupine Rim, Elephant Hill/Confluence) . . . I wouldn't expect to see your gnarly rig in my line.

However, if Eagle gets to be too rambunctious on those sedate drives, you can be sure I'll send him over to you for true adventure! :D

BTW, I never lead Turnpike rides - the Turnpike is for temporary immigrants - the Garden State Parkway is the local run (except for those pesky Canucks headed down to Wildwood).

2 1/2 months!!!

The BOSS is back!!!!!

Mike in NJ :patriot:

I can make any of the aforementioned trails more familiar to the midwest set by draggin a 30-year-old kenmore appliance out west with me....

lemme know if you need help.

Will ya bring the golf cart too??????

Come on Goat, out with it man. Some of us are coming up with some crazy plans :D

Sean

OneTonXJ said:
Will ya bring the golf cart too??????

Come on Goat, out with it man. Some of us are coming up with some crazy plans :D

Sean

We need some of those crazy plans. :D I just want to know what day we're running Helldorado.......that won't be on any trail plan.

The trail coordinator, Mr X, has an approved trail plan.

Seems to me that Helldorado should either be Fri. or Sat. Since the big shabang is on Fri. logic tells me we should run it on Sat. I really don't feel like blowing my front axle up at the begining of the week.

Not sure how bad this trail is but I would appreciate evryone being on time for the meal Fri...

From past experience, most folks will get there as soon as they are able, which is usually on time. However, expect the unexpected regardless of what trails are being run on Friday. I agree, though, that the most hardcore trail(s) should not be run on this day.

Tom

Well Mr. Turner, are we to be kept in the dark forever??????? Or are the 2 of you just toying with our emotions?

Heather, don't you worry about the dinner. If some of us are broken, stuck, etc..... it's our own fault. Most folks should be there, but crap happens no matter where you are. It may be the stocker group that doesn't make it back until midnight this time.

OneTonXJ said:

Heather, don't you worry about the dinner. If some of us are broken, stuck, etc..... it's our own fault. Most folks should be there, but crap happens no matter where you are. It may be the stocker group that doesn't make it back until midnight this time.

Just keep Mr X Jeff, and Bones's Barclay and Ward off of Golden Spike on Friday and everything should be OK. :D :D

Last edited:
OneTonXJ said:
Well Mr. Turner, are we to be kept in the dark forever??????? Or are the 2 of you just toying with our emotions?

Gmorning Sugarlump!
Would I intentionally do such a thing?? :angel:
Look at my dedication to this fine org.......I'm responding to your post at 3:50 am Utah time......
Quit yer whining.......the trail stuff will be posted this week....I've spent the last 12 hrs doing this :puke: so cut me some slack, Jack!!

And when did I ever hold up a trail due to breakage? Surely you're not counting the boomerang-ed D35 incident on Rusty Nail a few years ago?;)

Are you pregnant again Jeff?

I've never had you hold me up from breakage, that was a good one though.

Grant said:
Hey I don't resemble that remark Goatman, it was RUSTY NAIL for me.

Grant

Rusty Nail....Golden Spike.....we were still late for dinner. ;)

Back