• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door pockets from Jimmydaux

BTW.. I replaced my arm rests by drilling the plastic welds off from the backside of a pair from the junkyard. screw the new ones to the panel using trim screws. If you cant find the right color paint them black with interior trim paint, holds up great. (going on 2 years)

So I finally got my pockets installed. I REALLY am happy with these. Got the textured black which I think go well with the tan/black door panels. Some might ask why I didn't mount them a little further back to cover the grooves in the panel? Where the hard plastic guide at the bottom of the seatbelt comes out, if I moved it back, it rubs right there and I didn't want to rub the coating off over time. I'm happy with where I mounted them.

Okay, here's the pics...

PICT5066.jpg

PICT5067.jpg

PICT5068.jpg

PICT5069.jpg

PICT5070.jpg

how is that wrinkled black finish holding up a year later?

any chipping/flaking to expose the aluminum?

how is that wrinkled black finish holding up a year later?

any chipping/flaking to expose the aluminum?

Zero issues. Look like the day I put them in outside of the dirt from wheeling. I have even bumped them with my shoe getting out without opening the door all the way and no problems with chips/scratches. Just wipe with a damp cloth and look good as new.

Having been on a number of trips since putting them in, I LOVE them. Hold my water bottle so I can use the console cup holder to put my camera in. Able to put maps/route books in the pocket where they are out of the way but I can get to them quickly. No idea why this was not a standard Jeep item. Would buy again without hesatation!

If my Jeep looked that clean, I'd definitely invest in a pair of those! But the door pockets hardly get used. I WOULD like to invest in a nice (<-- read that, NICE) set of cupholders though. Haha

A few weeks ago, Jimmy contacted me and said he had a few laying around for manual cranks.
I think he did a small production run.. ..anyways, I ordered a set and painted and installed them this weekend.
They only come unfinished now.

WithoutPocket.jpg

WithPocket.jpg

Last edited:
Before Paint:

IMG_9701.JPG

After Paint + Clear Coat:

IMG_9715.JPG

I used some of that rubberized undercoating to help give them texture to match the interior panels.

They mount nicely and feel rigid and secure with 6 tabs and allen head screws.

WindowCrankReference.jpg

Seat Clearance:

SeatReference.jpg

Filled with things:

StuffInPockets.jpg

Is that for each or four?
Most likely pair. Where would you put one of those on the rear door?
Hopefully he has more, not sure if I can afford now that I bought new tires. Grr.

Yep, the price was for the pair - front doors w/ manual crank windows.
No room in the rear to turn the manual window crank with pockets installed, I'm afraid.

Has anyone heard from the maker? I know this is digging up an old thread but there still seems to be quite a bit of interest in this kind of thing. The website is up but everything is out of stock and I can't find any recent references. I've been looking for an alternative but there aren't any even sort of similar in quality/utility. I may have to roll my own.

Back