• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scorpion roller rockers

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I dropped the coin on the Scorpion rockers, I don't mind being a "test pilot" and could always p/u some HS's later. Looking forward to seeing them up close and their girdle/trunnion set-up makes it easy to remove/install one rocker at a time vs both together. I don't know if they will work with my studs but will find out!
P1080471x_zpsetqh8leu.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here but I found and purchased (in 5/16-24) some Isky Poly-Locks and that should work for sure.

Yes, my current Harland Sharp's are 1.6 (same as stock) and the new Scorpion's are 1.7's .

I received my rockers and polylocks. The rockers look well built but I can't use the polylocks unless I machine a good 1/4" off them and they are hardened steel.

Despite my concerns I ordered a Crown Aluminum valve cover in a attempt to use my polylocks. I will receive my adjustable push-rod tomorrow and I will start the project after that. I won't know how long it is going to take to get push-rods made, it will depend on the length.

Despite my concerns I ordered a Crown Aluminum valve cover in a attempt to use my polylocks. I will receive my adjustable push-rod tomorrow and I will start the project after that. I won't know how long it is going to take to get push-rods made, it will depend on the length.

Won't the adjustable rockers have saved you a step or two?
I used to enjoy adjusting the big block Chevy solid lifter engines.

If I had bought adjustable's I would definitely have to do something with the valve cover.

I could have bolted the new rockers straight in, but when I built my stroker I had to shim the rockers up because of block/head deck cuts(already had the Harland's). I can't even guarantee what's going to happen now until I bolt them up and check the "contact patch".

I got my measurements done today, came up with 9.555". Add .040" for pre-load thats 9.595" so I ordered some off the shelf 9.600" 3/8" x .080" wall chromoly ones. I will look at the polylocks tomorrow.

Today I'm waiting on the valve cover to arrive. In the mean time I have been getting them all mocked up, don't know yet when I'll receive the push-rods.
P1080661_zpsidgfufxv.jpg

P1080660_zpszodxu14u.jpg

I am accustom to the color of the Harland Sharp rockers. Those Scorpion ones look as if they are painted white,...different, but I like the looks of them. It will be interesting to see how they perform compared to the 1.6 ratio installed before.

The rockers are bare aluminum. I can't wait to see also, if I was at 300hp before! Today I'm am fitting the RT valve cover, they claim it has additional height but with the baffles in there it's going to be "close"

The RT valve cover bolts holes are not even close. Looks like some more fitting just to see if it clears the rockers.

Going to have to grind out for the heads bolts also. Definitely calling RT in the morning and complain!

I ordered the crown valve cover. My harland sharp rockers hit it, I ended up having to space it up.

Its not a product I would buy again.

Mine wasn't with rocker clearance it was with all the holes being 1/8" off (total 1/4") and the cover hitting all the drivers side head bolts(another 1/8"). It's all done now but I wouldn't recommend one unless you have a die-grinder and a day!

Yes mine hit the head bolts as well, had to grind there.

And had to modify the baffles because they hit the rockers.

And the baffles were mounted with 3 different sized screws, one of which was already stripped when it arrived.

Back