View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:11
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Joel's multipurpose XJ build (rocks/boulevard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frijolee View Post
For those folks referencing the dual shear track bar... Where's the failure point with the cantilevered setup I have now? Is it the bracket that lets go or the stud? Hey Luke, if you're reading this, do you remember if the stud is OEM or part of the BDS kit?

Since my track bar itself is already a pretty nice piece (adjustable and included with the BDS long arms), I might try to retrofit something to support that a bit more while trying to avoid replacing the whole bar. FWIW that stud on the driver side frame rail has a little play in it. The BDS folks tell me it's rebuildable though.
I noticed that skid, looks really good. I had steel one but didn't put it on because I decided I didn't need the extra weight for not ever wheeling more than I did.

The stud is BDS. The double sheer mount everybody is talking about replaces the entire mount that is bolted to the frame on the side and bottom. It will end up looking similar to the mount on the axle side. You can also reinforce that mount by tieing it into the passenger side by going under the oil pan.

If I planned on wheeling it hard I would have replaced it with a different mount. I wanted to test out the complete BDS kit in stock form for myself. It's obviously held up great for years now if you have never had a problem.