• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front 4 & 3 Link At Its Best

I'm sure they will chime in soon. He said they were still trying to dial things in on the last post. I saw pictures of the MJ at Sema. That thing was cool.

How long does it take to mount rear coils?

How long does it take to mount rear coils?

Well considering this was a one man operation for years. There are I think 4 or 5 associated with ironman now. They may have had a bunch of orders come in and had to stop working on this to do production work. I'm sure they will chime back in soon.

Last edited:
Good to know, and best of luck to him.

So it looks like this is offered on their website now -- $1499

I wonder why they just bailed on this thread -- I was certainly very interested

I get being busy, but how long does it really take to make a post or 2 -- last login was yesterday so it's not like someone isn't watching?????

I see.....I am also very interested...but not sure I like the offset axle end mounts on the uppers.

Not sure why no responses here.....but the website does say the demand is higher than they can produce, hence a 30 day wait.

To me, it solves several of my concerns:
1) gives you long arms for a decent ride
2) keeps it a true 4 link so no unloading on climbs like radius arms do
3) it is adjustable for squiat/anti-dive (but that is not a real concern for my needs)
4) nice flat undercarriage
5) removeable center section for transmisson work
6) matching rear 4 link to come....I hope

I do still think removing and installing the center plate under the trans is gonna be a PITA with the bolts up topside, and I am concerned about how the rear springs are gonna mount...not a fan of cutting into the frame rails (well, you know what I mean).

Last edited:
Hello internet.

Here is the rear 4 link system mated with the front on the floor. We have had a few people out there run just the front without issue and just the rear without issue. As well as both. I already know you want pictures, we're waiting on getting some and will update accordingly.

We also have the rear coil conversion mounts, as well as a 4 link truss that is designed for an 8.25. You can modify as need for other axles.

The coil mounts are made for WJ front Coil springs. 0" lift stock WJ coils give you 4.5" of lift in the rear of a Cherokee with these mounts. I know that just hurt your brain, but its a thing. They sit flat top and bottom so it makes everything sit flush. The Rubber isolators make for a lot of that lift height. Use just top rubber isolators for the top and bottom and you just dropped down to 3.5". Take that principle and you can run WJ lift coils as you see fit.

Just to recap a few details that are still holding true.
-You have to cut your exhaust and reroute it in order to clear the front upper passenger link. If you don't like that, don't get this kit.
-This isn't a bolt on setup. You weld cut and grind. If you don't like the builders approach this isn't for you.
-Offset upper links are the only way to offer good geometry and utilize stock upper axle mount locations.
-You weld the frame brackets for the lower link mounts and the upper link mounts bolt in.
-You still have to run a front track bar.
-The center section drops out so you can access the transmission. If your AW4/AX15 is bigger than everyone else's AW4/AX15. This isn't for you.
-The bolts for the center section are accessible but will be a PITA. Thats just the way it is.
-If you don't like 4 link kits, this isn't for you.

Pictures -- Been waiting for months

Been asking about drivers side exhaust for months -- Does the drivers side upper control arm clear the exhaust down pipe? Pictures again would really help -- after that down pipe then exhaust mods are expected

Has the front 4 link proven successful with just 4.5 inches of lift or have you needed a little more height?

I have to guess you have some of these on the road, How has the highway handling been? Are these daily driver friendly at speeds of 70+ MPH? Any reports of increased death wobble?

Honestly, I was not interested in the rear 4 link, but it sure looks well built -- From what I'm seeing, looks like you managed to get stock WJ springs in there without cutting the frame or unibody. Is this true?

Has the front 4 link proven successful with just 4.5 inches of lift or have you needed a little more height?

I have to guess you have some of these on the road, How has the highway handling been? Are these daily driver friendly at speeds of 70+ MPH? Any reports of increased death wobble?

Honestly, I was not interested in the rear 4 link, but it sure looks well built -- From what I'm seeing, looks like you managed to get stock WJ springs in there without cutting the frame or unibody. Is this true?

The 4 link system we have designed was worked around a 4.5" lift with 35's. You can't get much lower than 3" or your upper links will hit the floor. Most of the individuals that have this are at 4"-6.5" of lift.

The driver side exhaust and the links do not interfere with each other.

Yes, as I described they are WJ coils.

We have had zero complaints about this 4 link system causing death wobble. Assuming the variables that can cause death wobble issues are not present, there is no reason you can't drive 70mph plus until you hit 88mph. Then who knows what will happen.

I know you are frustrated with the lack of pictures. We are just a group of guys running this business and its probably the most difficult thing I've had to deal with since the military. If I could just have you come here and let us show you everything and what all goes into this operation, you may have better perspective and understanding. Its not easy being small LLC trying to do new things, and not expect to be met with a lot of resistance both socially and economically. You're right its been months. Unacceptable to those who think we are Rubicon Express or something. We're doing the best we can. We're human.

If you or anyone has questions about anything. Call Andy Carter. Phone number is in the signature. If he doesn't answer leave a message, call Kevin Cox, phone number is on the bottom of the website.

www.ironman4x4fab.com

Last edited:
In the picture you posted with the entire system on the floor-- Are the upper front links oriented the way you install them, with the control arms offset to the outside?

"Unacceptable to those who think we are Rubicon Express or something. We're doing the best we can. We're human." -- I don't know where you get this from -- I understand exactly what you are, and I have been in your shoes -- the aggravating part is we where mid private conversation and you just disappeared for months -- you are tying to sell something after all

Where is your shop located? -- I've actually though about taking a drive out but I can't seem to find your actual address on the website -- maybe I missed it

Last edited:
In the picture you posted with the entire system on the floor-- Are the upper front links oriented the way you install them, with the control arms offset to the outside?

"Unacceptable to those who think we are Rubicon Express or something. We're doing the best we can. We're human." -- I don't know where you get this from -- I understand exactly what you are, and I have been in your shoes -- the aggravating part is we where mid private conversation and you just disappeared for months -- you are tying to sell something after all

Where is your shop located? -- I've actually though about taking a drive out but I can't seem to find your actual address on the website -- maybe I missed it

Hayesville, NC. I've been there many times.... Neat little shop.

I apologize for the lack of communication. I am trying to do better.

So... Have you put a full kit on a jeep yet?

Do you think you'll be able to find your camera this March?

Do you have anything in stock? If I drove down would there be anything to see and take home?

Back