• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Ouch man! Glad you're all good

Lol... I should be wearing a neck brace and using a cane practicing that hopeless look of pain and discomfort you see on most ambulance chaser commercials. Injuries plus PTSD ... could have just financed a nice hemi swap into the xj ;-)

I had picked up a set of steel 16 inch trailer wheels for $50 , but looking on Fle-bay I found some nice looking sets of new ...most likely Chinaco Aluminum alloy trailer wheels beimg sold . They are load rated for 2800+ just like most 15 inch steel wheels. Is there any reason to avoid Aluminum wheels here other than the need for a bit more cleaning ? These will look so much better than steel wheels which the only reason I want them.

Trailer is about done needs a bit of cosmetic finish metal work and all the lights ran down the bed rails. Waiting on the set of blingy Aluminum wheels for the new axles and load range E tires... I bought steel wheels but decided to bling up the new axles. I will no longer fear emergency stops with both axles having 12x2 brakes vs the old 3500lb idler axles of death.

Was going to redeck with 1/8th diamond sheet ,but that has to weigh a ton compared to just slapping on some new kiln dried lumber...I still want to be able to pull the steep side of Eisenhower at 75mph .

20191027_132840.jpg 20191027_132827.jpg 20191027_132750.jpg

Last edited:

Steel decking just to cover the main 76x180 inch area between the c channel and the used section of my deck ...lol... weighs 485 lbs per the weight calculator, so decision made for kiln dried lumber .

Has anyone ever had sheet metal Cnc cut? Is it

I'd bet having a shop cut you one off pieces is going to be pricey. I know one shop that cut some plate up for a random person and they were talking about what they charged for the job...lol... It was not reasonable. I guess if it's something you have have cut that way you have no choice .

Lost my work Semi to a drunk driver heading North in the South bound I -25 right about the 205 university.I tried to steer to the median but couldn't avoid her luckily she had no passengers so while I couldn't completely miss her the impact was mostly passenger side . She broke my steer axle leaf hangers sending yhe steers under the cab so I ended up sailing straight into the center divider with no steering ...lol... luckily I don't wrap my thumbs around the steering wheel. The Pete's frame was cracked at all cross members and the main rails twisted...dpf sitting mid highway . The Kia forte looked like a beer can the motor sitting middle of i25 the driver had not one visible scratch ...I myself have a few very stiff body parts, but I don't think I need to call The Strong Arm ...hopedully this chick learns a lesson from nearly dying had I not steered left she'd not be so lucky . Now I'm taking one of my vacation weeks off going to get my trailer ready and wheel something...lol...I was goimg to use that extra week to cash out for a mishimoto trans cooler and deep sump .
My mom was involved in a similar incident a few years ago, one lesson we learned is to go to the hospital, urgent care, etc. as much as you can after the accident. If something hurts 10 years down the road from it, you can get compensation if you can prove you had some sort of injury in the incident, if not it's on you. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

After getting the new wheels I realized a set of steel wheels holding my two spares will look like shit mounted to the header . Now I get to break the two spares off the steelies I already mounted so I can mount them on the blingy wheels ...lol... I got to remember this is a trailer not a fashion statement ;-)

Just got back from a trip to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite. Took I-70 & US 50 - 'The Loneliest Road in America'. 'The Loneliest Road' wasn't that lonely LOL. Towns (and gas stations) are only 75-80 miles apart. LOL. There are longer stretches of nothing/no services along I-70 in Utah. Lake Tahoe was underwhelming (maybe go back during ski season) but Yosemite was amazing. Just WOW. Also stopped at Bodie State Historical Park on the way to Yosemite. Cool old mining/ghost town. Stopped in Virginia City, NV where the Comstock Load was found. Neat town to see. Gas was $5.19 a gallon Bridgeport, CA which blew me away until I saw gas farther down the road at $5.49. Roads in Colorado are absolutely horrible compared to what Utah, Nevada, and California can do in the middle of nowhere. I think living here in Colorado, Lake Tahoe was underwhelming but Yosemite was well worth it.

Found a new set if autosock for 445/50 r 22.5 super singles for about $100 less than usual cost so I picked them up for my work truck since they store and install much easier than chains or the cables for super singles.The company provides cables which are not as good as chains and they are hard to put away after use these should make my trips over 70 less hassle . I realize I just spent $370 on tools for a company truck , but they take a lot of headache away .

Found a new set if autosock for 445/50 r 22.5 super singles for about $100 less than usual cost so I picked them up for my work truck since they store and install much easier than chains or the cables for super singles.The company provides cables which are not as good as chains and they are hard to put away after use these should make my trips over 70 less hassle . I realize I just spent $370 on tools for a company truck , but they take a lot of headache away .

I never heard of the autosock before now. Then again, I never heard of automatic tire chains before this past summer. The last little storm we had, I actually saw a set in use: Cool stuff!

I never heard of the autosock before now. Then again, I never heard of automatic tire chains before this past summer. The last little storm we had, I actually saw a set in use: Cool stuff!

The automatic chains are nice..lol...those were the chains on buses that were wiping out cars awhile back . I don't mind dual tires with single chains as I can easily without getting crap all over me chain the 4 outside tires dual Chains on duals and anything chain on super singles I dislike , So I spent my own coin to remove the hassle . A driver asked me what they were as I was carrying the box to my truck today then he asked how much...lol... he said he'd rather sit . What makes me laugh is losing one run is the cost of a set of these we make 3 runs a week and guys who sit lose 1-4 runs per month avoiding i70 for chain law so they take 80 and it closes for about a day each time .

The new trailer tires have been sitting outside in the cold with banding straps squishing them so much that when I put them on the wheels the beads were nowhere near close to sealing . I didn't have anything flammable to help them on and the ratchet strap didn't help to squish the bead out so finally I gobbed some silicone around the beads which almost worked then I wrapped a cord around one side of bead when it started to take air I pulled the cord before it was trapped. The last two tires are sitting in the sun with blocks wedged in them to get them back into shape so it doesn't require tricks .These aluminium wheels wrapped in the 225s look a lot better than the white wagon wheels but now they're just another item to keep clean , but they are pretty cheap at $89 A pair they aren't anymore expensive to replace than their white wagon wheel counterparts...lol...I have 13 amber lights each side and a total of 30 led marker clearance lights this does not include the neon lights I put in the wheel wells to ground effect the wheels at night...I could have been done with this trailer in one weekend , but I had to get blingy and turn it into a reuild .

Back