• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ouray Pics

Overall I would say yes, the scenery makes up for the lack of hardcore trails. Poughkeepsie was challenging enough in spots I thought. There were definitely some in the group that had a hard time in a few places.

Montrose is too hard core, for me at least. It looked like the smallest you should have to run there is 37's.

A trail in between in difficulty would have been fun (or with lots of optional stuff), but for me personally, that's not why I went down there. The scenery, and access to to with the Jeep, is very unique and was worth the trip for me.

Looks like a great rig with some well pieced together parts. details?

LS1 with a 4L60E tranny, 3.8 twin stick Atlas t-case, 5.14 gears with TrueHi9 diffs, Spider 9 Axle housing and axles. Home made 3 link front and 4 link rear.
8 point chromoly tig welded roll cage. Nitrogen bump stops front and rear. 37 inch Goodyear MTR's on Spiderlock beadlocks.

Here is a link to some pics of my latest mod. 14 inch travel 2.5 King Coilovers with remote reservoir and 20 position compression adjusters.

https://picasaweb.google.com/john96classic/Coilovers?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I think you can look at more of my pics once you are in my Picasa web albums.

John

Woops, looks like moving all my pics around to combine them with the GF's and the rents broke the pic links. Anyways, my album is finally done. If anyone wants to check them all out, here is the link...

https://picasaweb.google.com/103923...authkey=Gv1sRgCI2OzZexv9uX9QE&feat=directlink

A few of my favorites...

Clear Lake:
Clear%252520Lake.JPG

Some trail I don't know the name of:
DSCF0444.JPG

Poughkeepsie:
DSC_0358.JPG

IMAG0191.jpg

DSC_0362.JPG

Black Bear:
DSCF0597.JPG

DSCF0601.JPG

Imogene:

DSCF0707.JPG

DSCF0717.JPG

DSCF0729.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSCF0764.JPG

And finally... The Lynx we saw on Orphir:
DSCF0790.JPG

Nice pics, Ryan! Got a higher resolution one of the lynx? It would be nice to see what may have been outside our tent that one night :eek:

I finally found the time to finish sorting and uploading Cindy's pics.
She took a few on our drive out there. We spent an hour going 5 miles in Iowa, and just as I was regretting not taking that last exit to who knows where, we finally started moving. Just up the road we saw this...

There was one in the median also, but when Cindy took that pic, the camera focused on my nose :D

Then in Colorado...

Truth in advertising...

We spent a few hours Sunday afternoon checking out Colorado National Monument, last time we were there was in '01 so it was nice to see again, and since we weren't going to Moab, this was at least a little similar.

Tuesday trail run. Yes, that is Cindy checking out rocks :D

One of the many waterfalls...

Group shot.

to be continued...

Nice pics, Ryan! Got a higher resolution one of the lynx? It would be nice to see what may have been outside our tent that one night :eek:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2393035620049957266DwnEBo

There was one in the median also, but when Cindy took that pic, the camera focused on my nose :D

Then in Colorado...

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2995852930049957266jkfoWE

Ya it would be nice. Maygen said she heard it clear as day and whish she would of opened the window to look and see what it was lol. O well

All 19 years in CO and never once seen a truck on the runaway ramps. Dang lol. Have thought about hitting them with the jeep just for kicks lol

Nice pics, Ryan! Got a higher resolution one of the lynx?

No I don't John. That was the best I could get. It's actually blown up about 10x. In the original pic, you can't even see it. We were probably 60 yards from it, and Hannah's camera has a crappy zoom. I did my best to fix up that pic.

When you pass through Colorado again, you need to stop in Marble. It's close to Glennwood Springs (like 40 mins southwest). Cindy would have a kick picking rocks from out there. The rocks a pure white. The marble quarry there supplied all the Marble for the Washington and Lincoln monuments in DC. Shoot, i'm going there for Labor day. Maybe I'll grab a good one a ship it to ya.

No I don't John. That was the best I could get. It's actually blown up about 10x. In the original pic, you can't even see it. We were probably 60 yards from it, and Hannah's camera has a crappy zoom. I did my best to fix up that pic.

When you pass through Colorado again, you need to stop in Marble. It's close to Glennwood Springs (like 40 mins southwest). Cindy would have a kick picking rocks from out there. The rocks a pure white. The marble quarry there supplied all the Marble for the Washington and Lincoln monuments in DC. Shoot, i'm going there for Labor day. Maybe I'll grab a good one a ship it to ya.

Cindy would love that :D

Dennis engaging 4wd...

Mirror image...

More flowers...

Marmot

Tiny white jeeps

The giant bee. This one really looks cool full size.

I believe you can click on any of these images and it will take you to my webshots page, where you should be able to view but not download the full size images. If you see any images you want, I can email them.

Two awesome red jeeps...

Chad playing...

Graffiti

Looking for a replacement track bar bolt...

Another mirror shot

Looking for a replacement track bar bolt...

YES!! I was wondering if anyone snapped a photo of me working on that thing.
Funny story with that John... So I had just put that trackbar on like 2 weeks before the trip. Gary, a buddy of mine tightened that bolt.
When I got back after the trip, another friend of mine told me how he had let Gary tighten a few bolts on his clutch one time after they replaced it, and while test driving, 2 of the 3 bolts Gary tightened had came loose and fell off. We decided that Gary is never allowed to tighten bolts on our vehicles again :roflmao:

Sounds like Gary needs to work out, or buy a torque wrench. :D

I don't know what's going on here...

Some pics from the Wall...

Snow. Someone was asking me if we could drink from the streams since they were from melting snow :puke: This was some of the cleaner snow we saw...

I never did get the story on the giant billboard?

Just another scenic trail pic...

This would have been a much better pic had we all pulled forward 20 feet into the sunlight.

Heading back to town. I think that was the lady on the motorcycle in front of John, that was taking pics as she was riding the switchbacks into town :eek:

John's track bar bracket carnage

Wow, that place is beautiful.

you gonna come to the ice fest with me and beamer this year or what?:laugh:

No way. I use my vacation time exclusively for the wife or the jeep :D

Back