• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 Output Shaft Needed

1904-96xj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone in San Diego have one laying around after they did an SYE? I'm trying to source one for a buddy. His son has an XJ and rear strap on the U joint gave while on the freeway. The DS flopped around a bit before he could pull over and looks like it bend the output shaft. He doesn't really have the dough to put in an SYE so I thought I'd throw it out there to you all. Definitely worth a pack of your favorite cold beverage. Anyway, I'll keep hunting around but let me know. It's for a 98 and has the 27 spline shaft.

Thanks!!

I have one, just pay shipping. It's outta a 94 YJ but should be the same right?

Thank you....I had my old DS from when I did a hack and tap so we are good there. I would say it's the same if the spline count is correct. What zip would the shipping come from?

90712 I can priority mail it for 10 or 12 bucks, let me check

Thank you to Paul... We'll keep our fingers crossed the YJ shaft will work. Thanks also to Boostwerks... the back burner SYE deal is still pending as a backup. I told my buddy NAXJA was the place to go in a jam. You proved me right!

I have the original parts out of my 231 if you are interested. '96 XJ. And in San Diego.

Sorry I was out of town yesterday or I could have responded sooner.

I haven't shipped anything, I'll wait and refuse payment if wanted

I am trading PMs with the interested party. He is in Lakeside, and I will be in Santee (next door to Lakeside) late this morning. If it works with his schedule I can give him the shaft. ;)

I am trading PMs with the interested party. He is in Lakeside, and I will be in Santee (next door to Lakeside) late this morning. If it works with his schedule I can give him the shaft. ;)

10-4

let me know if everything works out I'll return the funds then in case there's a hang up

I believe he made the exchange with Anak today. Probably this weekend or early next week will be the tear down and install. Will know more then. Don't mean to keep anyone waiting but stupid work always gets in the way and this is being done in the driveway. We will try and keep you posted.

Back