• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this?

~Spanky~

Member 2264
NAXJA Member
It's an old military Jeep.:doh: Old Military Jeep Some old guy had it on his used car lot. BTW-I am not making money on these "Finds" just letting everyone know.

with ALOT of upgrades that would be an awesome trail rig but otherwise it would make a good 2mph cruiser for the Anual Local 4th July parade or a good bit of $$ at the scrap iron yard..

about 2 yrs back a group of us jeepin.com ppl met up at tellico for a weekend ride.
- and on out way up to Slick-rock, along trail ~#8~ (i think)
-- the part thats really narrow and steep with high banks on each side - with no room to pass anyone (even a atv passin a jeep i nearly impossible)
some ~Dude (D!ck-head) was coming down the hill in a M751 with 39" iroks..
- the Only modification/s to the rig he had made were the Add-a-leaves and Big Tires,, his brakes were shot and he was about dead from trying to steer this beast around the trails with No hydro-assist steering with the big tires, his arms were tired and cramping up..
he was coming down the hill as we were trying to make our way up and he got really pissy when we asked him (1 vehicle) to move asside for our group of 5 vehicles to pass and almost started crying when he told us about the trouble he was having steering and brakes.. so we moved into washout cuts at the sides of the trail and some of US (me) had to back down the trail about 1/8 mile to the bottom of the hill where there was enough room for him to pass since all the other ppl in out group had squeezed into the other spots along the side of the trail..
i wasn't mean to the guy but i suggested to him he may want to invest some more time and money into making a rig more capable before bringing it onto trails like that..
esentially he had bought it on Ebay had a ~lift and big tires put on it and expected to be able to drive it anywhere//Wrong..

JLane99XJ said:
with ALOT of upgrades that would be an awesome trail rig but otherwise it would make a good 2mph cruiser for the Anual Local 4th July parade or a good bit of $$ at the scrap iron yard..

about 2 yrs back a group of us jeepin.com ppl met up at tellico for a weekend ride.
- and on out way up to Slick-rock, along trail ~#8~ (i think)
-- the part thats really narrow and steep with high banks on each side - with no room to pass anyone (even a atv passin a jeep i nearly impossible)
some ~Dude (D!ck-head) was coming down the hill in a M751 with 39" iroks..
- the Only modification/s to the rig he had made were the Add-a-leaves and Big Tires,, his brakes were shot and he was about dead from trying to steer this beast around the trails with No hydro-assist steering with the big tires, his arms were tired and cramping up..
he was coming down the hill as we were trying to make our way up and he got really pissy when we asked him (1 vehicle) to move asside for our group of 5 vehicles to pass and almost started crying when he told us about the trouble he was having steering and brakes.. so we moved into washout cuts at the sides of the trail and some of US (me) had to back down the trail about 1/8 mile to the bottom of the hill where there was enough room for him to pass since all the other ppl in out group had squeezed into the other spots along the side of the trail..
i wasn't mean to the guy but i suggested to him he may want to invest some more time and money into making a rig more capable before bringing it onto trails like that..
esentially he had bought it on Ebay had a ~lift and big tires put on it and expected to be able to drive it anywhere//Wrong..

Too big for ma and my budget! But someone might want the bits...Good story.:bawl:

Back