• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000/4.6/Screamin-Demon/Holley MSD

In other words if you have Screamin Demon coil in your MSD system under "bypass" mode your PCM is seeing full coil load on it's own!

I received my connectors(one wrong so I have to re-order, and my chromoly. This morning it's time to get cutting/drilling.
P1080692_zpsbbr5wunt.jpg

I made pretty good progress today, I'll finish up tomorrow.
P1080693_zpsjdtayl0e.jpg

I finally finished the holes and got it in the brake to 50*.
P1080694_zpsjyztryjo.jpg

I got the bracket done today, will install tomorrow after the paint dries.
P1080695_zpsds16t8zu.jpg

It's a shoehorn but it's in! Next will be wiring.
P1080696_zpsahyqrlve.jpg

P1080697_zpsh423ennn.jpg

P1080698_zpsxyrjhsk7.jpg

The concept here is to make one clean harness out of all this......
P1080699_zpskxpmp14b.jpg

The K Fab wiring harness is a bit of a joke :nono: ,there are splices inside indicating they just use some factory tails and add on to them.

I posted this in the other thread, I'm just waiting on a 1-1/2" heat before I can assemble the Deutch connector.
P1080700_zpsgrfbzlxt.jpg

Ok, I finally finished the harness! :clap: Today I will install and test it(notice the bypass/test plug), if all goes well tomorrow I will install the spark plugs and coil and plug the MSD in!
P1080701_zpsfugjobok.jpg

It works!!! Tomorrow will be the real test to see if this was really worth it.

Well it doesn't work and I will have to wait till Monday to see if MSD has a answer. I was afraid of this, the PCM doesn't see the full coil current since it's only being used as a trigger input. I'm getting codes 351,352,and 353. I'm back on the bypass now so well see if the PCM can handle the current.

I've been on the phone with MSD the last couple days. Since it runs but the PCM shuts it down, they think I need a new adapter that's just started production. They are supposed to send me info on the adapter.

I just spoke with MSD, they said call back next week because the tech/production staff is on Thanksgiving vacation. He did still say it's under re-development so I don't really know what that means yet. It definitely seems to be what I need to make this work. I just hope that it's not like the pistol I ordered and paid $5k for 16 months ago and still don't have a completion date!!!!

I spoke with every department(including ordering which I did) in a effort to light a fire under them. I've even got a claim in with the warranty department to not start until I receive the adapter. The production department is still doing testing and don't have a date for me. I've spoke with everyone at Holley regarding them marketing a direct fit for the MSD when I need a adapter that's not in production yet, kind of mis-leading as I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise!

Got a call from MSD today on the dimensions. I has to "shoehorn" the MSD in so I will be looking closely at it this weekend. They also stated they didn't think that the adapter would be out until February! :tears:

Good new, I hope! Holley just E-mailed me a shipping confirmation. I need to get things ready this weekend. :clap:

I received my MSD adapter last night, I need to decide how I want to wire it in. I did order and receive a 8 pin connector but I may want vhange to (2) 4 pin connectors or just wire it in hard.

Well it's running :yelclap: Tomorrow I'll get a chance to fully check it out. I'm unable to add pics right now so I can't show you the new harness.

Took it out this morning to do a hard run. It's cutting out on the top end so either I don't have the rev limiter adjusted correctly or there is "something" wrong, don't know what that would be though?

Back