• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grin's Dakota QuadCab

Good lord Chris! You're not making much of a case to own a Dakota........ sorry to hear your troubles.

Meh - buy a 15 year old vehicle with 170k on it, ya expect some problems. Still saving compared to the monthly payment on the Titan... Plus, the pure adventure of not knowing what breaks next ;). I'll have it near new before long. I could have done without the food poisoning though. :puke:

Thanks again for delivering my mount .It was good to meet you and your family Chris. Sorry to hear about all of your troubles. Maybe someday we can wheel in the Bighorns together.

My pleasure, Wes, and thanks again for the beers. If you haven't been to that Medicine Lodge Archeological site, you should check it out - very cool.

We need to check it out one day. The more I see and explore the more I realize how much I haven't seen and explored. Always talking to the guys I work with and finding local spots that only locals know about. Have you explored Crazy woman canyon ? Doesn't take long but a nice drive and dispersed camping. We camped there late one spring and the waterfall we camped next to was so loud we couldn't sleep ! Work with a guy from Deadwood/Lead that has sent us to some amazing places just outside of Deadwood. Man I need to get out more !!

New Alpine head unit is in, and the Infinity component (fronts) and RF Punch (rears) speakers installed (a while ago). Still very little bass/low end, though I think it is because I am running through the factory infinity amp still... will have to find time/space to install the 4-channel Sony amp I have on a shelf and see if a subwoofer is going to be necessary... I forgot to install the microphone, however, so the bluetooth for phone is currently not working :doh:, so it will be coming back out again anyway. sigh.

I may finally get around to the front-end repairs this weekend while the family is out of town and the snow is falling...

Finally got around to the slaughter of the angry squirrels that lived in my front end -- replaced upper and lower control arms, bushings, ball joints, sway bar bushings and tie rod ends. Upgraded to 02-04 Dakota brakes while I was at it (knuckles, rotors, calipers) - wow what a difference:

empty:

old v. new:

almost there:

fixered:

fixed an exhaust leak while I was in there -- passenger front bolts tend to snap off, you can see the shiny nuts on the replacements. Quiet is nice:

Big time.

I thought they did too...didn't check. Dakota part no. is S5008 :dunno:

It would be interesting to set them next to each other... having worked with both they are virtually identical.

Dak got a partner...

file.php

oops.

definitely an upgrade over the 'Nest. The 1/2 MJ remains in my yard... for now, though it has been relegated to utility uses, hauling dirt, bark, rock, etc...

No, sold the nest last year.

Back