• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Picked up the driveshafts that I had rebuilt. Going to slap one in the jeep in a little while and make sure 4lo works!

So there is someone who re-builds shafts in Garland. How much? I have one riding in the cargo area that needs rebuilt,...if the price is reasonable or I might buy a new one.

So there is someone who re-builds shafts in Garland. How much? I have one riding in the cargo area that needs rebuilt,...if the price is reasonable or I might buy a new one.

Hmm good question I work in Garland over off of Shiloh and Wood.

Drive train of Mesquite. It's about $100 for rebuild. A little more if the CV joint needs replacement parts.

Hmm good question I work in Garland over off of Shiloh and Wood.

I think I recall seeing your Jeep over there. I live not far from there.

Drive train of Mesquite. It's about $100 for rebuild. A little more if the CV joint needs replacement parts.

Thanks. I will look them up.

Replaced the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. Amazingly easy, but only working intermittently. Dealership swears their diagnostics pointed to faulty buttons, but I'm starting to doubt that.

Been too busy driving mine lately :D

Replaced the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. Amazingly easy, but only working intermittently. Dealership swears their diagnostics pointed to faulty buttons, but I'm starting to doubt that.

may have been more than one issue in the circuit

So I did a thing
228ff7dcbf387178d3ebeace5efbc2fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did a thing
228ff7dcbf387178d3ebeace5efbc2fc.jpg

He's baaaaaaaaaccckkk.

Looking good though!!! Whats the plans for this guy?

General clean up and paint back to red. 4wd swap, keeping the aw4. More mild build than the orange Jeep. Keep it more comfortable on the street. Maybe dig up some JK rubicon axles.

Got the 33s I picked up a while back put on. Also took the fender flares off. Time to cut the fenders!

20190422_181714.jpg

Nice!

Not what you want to see when you park at a store on the way home after a 9 hour training session. Apparently the electric fan was ever so slightly rubbing on the transmission cooler feed line one part of the fan's frame has a break and allows a small amount of movement. Apparently it was just enough to contact that line. It ruptured somewhere betwern I30 and the walmart neighborhood market dumping a gallon of DexIII all over the place.

Luckily the wife was home and came to my rescue so i didnt have to walk all over town. a gallon of DexIII and a line splice later i rolled to the pay and spray and hosed all the trans fluid off the Jeep.

9a1044a1a0485fd7ab7b011cb1dc2f4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Did some redneck body work on a spot i mangled a little bit at Barnwell, and put in some salvage glass someone gave me and some parts from a salavge door. It aint perfect or pretty but it works. Originally i was going to swap the door for the other one but i got line straightenough im ok with it

357d3ed2f57512e850bf33736e364cd9.gif

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nicely done on the body work!

Back