• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Funeral plans for Seth "XJFire" Stanton

Re: Funeral plans for Seth

wish i could make it, guys.

The boss sprinkled holy water on my participation. PTO form filed with my employer. Initial feedback is favorable, they'll hand the form back Tuesday with a final decision.

jdogg4 said:
anyone from up north here plan to go down? Not familar with CS at all. I-25 through it and thats it. Or for the denver folks might find a meeting place and time to head out from there?

If you can stand to keep the speed down, I'll meet up. I prefer to keep it under 70 mph, just more travel time.

jdogg4 said:
anyone from up north here plan to go down? Not familar with CS at all. I-25 through it and thats it. Or for the denver folks might find a meeting place and time to head out from there?

We could make the Denver meeting place somewhere around the Lincoln Ave and I-25 area (about a mile south of the C-470 mousetrap) If there's only going to be a couple of ya, you could just pull over under the Lincoln overpass and wait with hazzards on. When the group is together, we could leave from there. Or find a parking area near the ramps and gather there. Probably meet around 8:30 - 8:45.

I'll be hauling an XJ down in one form or another. Led bought the project XJ and I need to get it to him, but if I don't have that ready by then, I'll bring my Heep. I may have to drive my Dually in the procession, or hitch a ride from the Stadium and back.

Last edited:

Will someone do me a favor and get a pic or two of the jeeps lined up?

I can't be there but would like to see it. I will be there in spirit.

We have done this a number of times in our local club. Someone gets a batch of small American flags and small wire ties and we hand them out in the parking lot and tie them to the antenna. Don't know about the mourning band, we've never done that.

This is a nice gesture, and I'm sure it will mean a lot to the family. A trail cleanup day named in his honor is also very meaningful, for both the family and the wheeling community.

I'll be there in spirit.

DrMoab said:
Will someone do me a favor and get a pic or two of the jeeps lined up?

I can't be there but would like to see it. I will be there in spirit.

I will get some pics for you. I think I sort of owe you. Happy B-Day too.

I'll be there... I'll be coming out of Greeley after a mid-shift. If anyone wants a ride from up north lemme know. 720-938-5848 ask for Dave. I'dliketo meet up with you guys from Denver to caravan tho...

With deepest respect to XJFire, I wish I could make it. I'll be at work on dayshift that day, but my thoughts will be with Seth's family.

Looks like a handfull from "up Nort".

As long as I don't get a ticket ;~) for parking on the highway, I guess I'm OK with it.

I'd like to exchange phone #s with anyone who plans to meet at I-25 and Lincoln. PM or email to me please.

Thanks, Mike

I'll be coming down from up north as well. What time are you thinking about meeting?

Thanks
Ken

The boss had to go to the Doc. so I'm still not sure tell he gets back if I can get it off. Trying my best. With the weather we had to close last week so were behind here at the shop and that's going to be the only think getting in my way of getting the 27th off here.

For those that would like to meet up and caravan down to the 'Springs, let's meet somewhere along Park Meadows Blvd (south side of Lincoln). and E. Lincoln Ave between 8:30 and 8:45. Depending on how much snow is piled along Park Meadows Blvd, I may look for an open area in the Sky Ridge Medical hospital parking lot. Here's a mapquest link:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...wj6DWoEOnayjv98GVMYv8U13qEFTN822k&ambiguity=1

I'll be in the dark blue '04 Dodge dually. Doesn't look like I'll be bringing an XJ as the snow is still too deep around here. Even if I dug the trailer out, I don't know if I could get out of my subdivision with it. Friggin' trash trucks and UPS have been getting stuck around here the past 3 days....

Cell: 303-435-2681

I forgot I had a tow-bar for the Heep, so I'll be flat towing it behind the dually.

I'll be meeting Dave (frankenstang57) at the Lincoln Blvd. location. If anyone else is looking to caravan and wants to meet up, call my cell (posted above) and let me know. I'll be leaving from there at 8:45.

Hey Frank,

Why the 2 hour spread between the time we get to the church and the start of the service?

Meet at the Sky Sox Stadium Parking lot between 9:30 -10:00. Leave promptly at 10:15 AM

Arrive at New Life between 10:45-11:00 AM

The service starts at 1 pm

Why do we need to meet/leave from Sky Sox so far ahead from the time the service is scheduled? We'll be sitting around at the Church for an hour and a half........ :dunno:

Thanks Frank. See ya there between 9:30 and 10:00.

Back