• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lipstick on a pig

Ohhh man I love it.

Please beat on the rcvs. I think the 30 will now take most abuse. Thank you for the photos

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Ohhh man I love it.

Please beat on the rcvs. I think the 30 will now take most abuse. Thank you for the photos

So far the RCVs have held up. From my understanding the R&P is now the weak link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No new pictures. Ordered a new water pump, and had almost the entire engine bay rewired.

What did you do about re wiring the engine bay? I feel like I need to tackle that next in my Renix

The upper tube for the shock tower bracing came in contact with the wiring loom and it needed to be relocated.

Did you rebuild the harness? I’ve seen some threads/videos on thinning them out, but I know I need to replace at least some connectors and I’m not sure where to find them yet or if someone like Haltech stocks what I need.

Good question. My 90 developed shorts in the brake lights and then in the tail lights. Brake lights were fixed with a new line back to the brake lights, but the tail lights also have short between the fuse and the switch. Still working on that.

Did you rebuild the harness? I’ve seen some threads/videos on thinning them out, but I know I need to replace at least some connectors and I’m not sure where to find them yet or if someone like Haltech stocks what I need.

Just relocated it

Thats what they say but ive yet to break my 4.88 dana30 and have been pretty hard on it. Spinning n bouncing tires climbing waterfall ledges.
Not sure ive seen any actual Ring pinion dana30 damage that wasnt caused by gears being set up incorrectly.
Seems mostly just Internet static, become pretty good about tunning out that stuff.

Did you change all bulb sockets and are still having tail light issues. If you havent addressed sockets I think that would be a good place to start

Back