• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new project

Apostle

NAXJA Forum User
89 limited, 4.0, auto. 227k (bad part)

needs new radiator, possibly trans cooler, and ac converted to 134.

Steering wheel removed to take out the ignition. PO lollygagged and i wanted it moved, so took out to get the steering to turn. Going to replaced that lock anyway, dont like people knowing where a vehicle is that still may have a key to it.

004.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Ahhh, the good ole Grey Limited interiors. Takes me back, my first Cherokee was an 88 limited, and it looked exactly like that on the inside. I think mine had 295,000 +/- on it when it stopped running (electrical issue) and I gave up on it. Should be a fun little project for you. Keep us updated.

its going to be flipped. so will have it working... hopefully tomorrow.

would be fine, but damn radiator that came with it, has a hole

havent run it, no radiator (well, not one that works)

plan was to grab rad tomorrow, install it, then get it started (wasnt worried about the other stuff just yet, but dont want to run it without rad)

btw, its got the 242 tcase. noticed that today

Uh oh. It's a white XJ...... Mike's gotta have it....... :D

That's exactly what the Mad Cow looked like before all the insanity.

There's only a VERY SMALL group of folks that will remember that rig........ What is that? Circa 2003-ish? :D

HA! I actually found a pic of that damn thing over on XJDB.com! :D

new_8394wvrtMv_ph250.jpg

Last edited:
new_8394wvrtMv_ph250.jpg

bicycle helmet? haha that rig is sick as hell

There it is. Wish I had some pics of the spots-n-stripes that it got in Moab. Guess it was about 03-04. It had a front header panel until about 5 minutes before that picture was taken. That was the Kremmling Crawl. Next rig through that sidehill took a bad roll and really rung the guy's bell.

Mmmmmmmm, leather, and it's white!!! :)

Leaking down or leaking past the o-rings? Replace the o-rings and you're good to go.

think they are leaking past the O rings. comming out from the quick disco (that i could tell, light was fading)

pulling valve cover tomorrow to oil the rockers. sounded dry (ran for about 20 seconds then shut it off).

swing on by if ya want. me and my father will be out there if its not too hot

Back