• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well no more XJ, got a TJ (Zach "ZachMan" McNutt)

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
So I (my dad since I am in Houston) traded my 4th XJ for my 2nd TJ now. I think it was a good trade and besides the TJ needing and SYE/cv shaft and maybe a quick d44 reseal it good to go...well my dad likes the Jeep haha, I just am bored and wanted a change. I figure its so different from my dad's truck he'll enjoy it if something happens to me more so than an XJ:

97 TJ Sport
4.0 / AX-15

d30 with Warn 5 on 5.5 hub kit w/ 30 spline outters w/ 4.10s
d44 with discs and Detroit w/ 4.10s
tube bumper / steps (gotta go eventually)
Incubus Offroad wheels / 33x12.50 Mud Rovers
4" Teraflex with adj. LCAs, RE 3.5" one day....
1 yr. old top
KCs, cb, Pioneer cd player.....
etc...

Trade day:

DSC_5583.jpg

DSC_5622.jpg

DSC_5630.jpg

DSC_5633.jpg

DSC_5619.jpg

Good by, she was a great one:

DSC_5635.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Well no more XJ, got a TJ

oh man....
I would of been balling my eyes out at that point.
that cherokee sure is nice...
wish I had a few more dollars...

That certainly looks like an Alpine cd player.

Other than the fact that I'd love to be able to take the top off I liked the XJ better. :)

lowrange2 said:
That certainly looks like an Alpine cd player.

Other than the fact that I'd love to be able to take the top off I liked the XJ better. :)

Ha yeah good eye, it is an Alpine cd player.

It was a good trade, we had close to the same amount of after market stuff and he has 77k miles and I had 83k. I was just looking for less window and metal if I ever get to go wheeling more often. I'll miss the hell outta my XJ, best one I owned by far.

I've had both as well, and it is kinda a tossup which one I liked better. The TJ had zero interior room, especially for my kids, but I loved being able to drop the top and pull the doors.

If you're happy, that's what matters. Looks like a nice clean TJ, enjoy it!

I miss my TJ at times, but during winter in New England the soft top gets old real quick. It's even worse when it's windy. I wouldn't own another TJ without both a hard and soft top.

lowrange2 said:
Needs Blue Torch Fab fenders, longer crusher corners and now fenders in the back... :) Then I'd like it...

Or TNT phantom fenders, RE lift, SYE, cv shaft, front aussie, PSC rear knockers, A to Z sliders, Rokmen gas tank skid and front bumper, 1.25" BL and bellyup skid, LOD tire carrier, 4.88s, sport cage, etc... lol lol

I'm in Alabama and single so I have no huge need for the room or a hardtop. I couldn't stand not seeing out the XJ and all the metal, it was either do something with it now or dent her up. :dunno:

Last edited:

that too.

I honestly think that when I finally get around to buying a YJ or TJ that the fenders will be the first to go! I need to find one cheap!

ahh i remember seeing your XJ for sale on some forums.

If I wasnt in NY I woulda paid ya your asking price w/o a second thought.

such a nice XJ, but being down south taking the top off would be great!

:cheers:
Good luck with everything man!

ive had a yj, a tj and my xj. i like the longer wheelbase on the trails, but that turning radius of the wranglers is awesome in tight spots.

I remember almost getting my hands on that XJ a few years ago. We almost traded my 4 door F-150 and the XJ. That was, is an awesome well put together rig. You can see I finally got back to the XJ.

The TJ looks great. Nice trade, and looks like yourgetting ready to hook it up as you did your XJ (I see a lot of bling stuff is for sale, off of the TJ) If I didn't have a young family, I would prob. have a wrangler too

Keep in touch with your XJ brothers and sisters. When you finish your build-up of the TJ, send some pics our way.

Just because you went to the dark side dont forget to keep up posted on how you are doing!! Hope things go well with the X-Ray today!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Zach passed away this past week. I am sorry for those who may have been able to attend the funeral, but I have been out of town. Our local Club, CAOS, was very involved in helping him out with his most recent Jeep project, and he did get a chance to spend some time in it on a club trail ride not a week before he passed away. Here is a link to what has/is going on......He will be missed.
http://www.caos4x4.com/cmbs/index.php?topic=14253.0

Rest in peace Zach.

You will be missed.

wow..

:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family my friend.

Memorial Forum in order?

RIP Zach

Back