View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2010, 15:21
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos
Re: Radiator Fan Override Switch (The Easy Way)

winkosmosis, depends on how you want to do it. You could splice a second relay into the heavy current wiring no problem but it's easier to splice into the low current side, requires thinner wire and less care.

I don't presently have an e-fan, because my '98 came without one installed. No CEL because the ECU only monitors whether the relay coil is open/shorted (as I expected) not whether the actual fan is operating. I'm going to my storage unit to pick the fan up and install it tonight, if I can find my set of OEM PDC terminals I'm going to get a head start on this mod.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.