• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hydro assist help

aparke4

NAXJA Forum User
I got this kit:

vd3l9h.jpg

I have no fittings but i have two hoses that are long enough with the same thread male fittings on the ends of the hoses... what size fitting are for the ram? what tap do i need for my box? I have no knowledge of hydro fittings and such... thanks!

so from the ram what do i need to go in between the hose and ram? also what fitting should i run in the steering box?

The ram is AN8 fittings, and that's what you should use for the hose ends and the fittings into the box. I'm assuming the fittings going into the box would need to be 1/4" pipe thread, then AN8 for the hose connection. Be sure to use good quality hydraulic hose.

thanks goatman - i have some hoses that i got from PSC but some look kinda short... there is a good hydro shop near me that my friends recommended and he said they can build on the spot what ya need... anyways that is what i needed!

I have 3' hoses on mine. They seem to be a good length with the ram mounted on the passenger side.

ok great thanks i need to remeaure mine! i found a local shop just from google and they knew exactaly what i was doing! they specialize in MAJOR hydro work like the rams and pistons for construction equipment, etc... so i am going to bring my ram and stuff up there and he said he had all sorts of fancy fittings... 45*, etc... he even had some race fittinf like jegs and summit sells... i am a sucker for anything anodized

Back