• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget prerunner build

I have not done much to it lately. I did pick up an explorer 8.8 so I will have that built and in before TDS.
7D083CAA-74B0-4746-A9C2-570A08FDE49F-13418-00000FDBB261D980.jpg

Not sure if I'm looking at this right, but why are the spring pads perpendicular to the third member?

those arent spring pads. looks like it came out of a newer exploder... dont remember what those were used for

edit: jimmy beat me to it

where does the budget come into play? :p
awesome looking jeep man

Next was the shocks I put a 2.5x12" sway-away triple bypass on the front connected to a t&j upper shock mount
ED946384-B306-4B2E-AE69-C9A5B561CF77-8236-00000809B6AE04B7.jpg

I also have those t and j shock mounts. I just flip flopped the nut and bolt. So the nut is on the outside and put some torque strip, just to make it so I can see if the nut is still there and/or if I need to retighten it. That's just my 2 cents lol maybe I have some OCD. Keep up the build. Maybe some updates too lol

someone actually modified some coilovers to turn them into bypass shocks? trippy. Whatever works i guess.

Sorry I don't come on here very much anymore I sold the xj and bought a 14 wrangler unlimited. Good eye it is a full length Manx a armed with a Subaru 2.5 in it. I will upload some better pictures of it for you guys.

Well I sold the wrangler and am building another 95 Cherokee. So far it has a explorer rear axle, rebuilt the front Dana 30 with ten factory axles a progrip lsd and 4.56 gears. 4.5” lift and 33’s I am going to build my own long arm kit for this one. Pics coming soon

Back